Vacation Packages Simply Let You Relax
By Ben Franklin
Who doesn't want to get away from it all once in a while? A relaxing cruise to an exotic or faraway destination can sound wonderful in the middle of a hectic, workaday week. But, making sure the best of the best is included in a vacation can create more stress than it's worth. That's why vacation packages, such as those offered on cruise lines like Royal Caribbean, are worth considering.
Many who consider cruises for the first time aren't sure what to expect. They often fear they'll be trapped onboard a ship for the entire vacation, unable to see some of the sights they so long to visit. This is simply not the truth.
Good cruise lines offer a number of stops in major ports of call and even make sure passengers have the ability to see what they want to by offering tours and more. The advantages to taking a cruise over a regular trip to a big destination are many. For those buying packages, the advantages can include:
- Meals. These are generally included on all major cruise lines and can be quite elaborate. Many ships offer a huge variety of food at 5 star quality levels. Almost no one walks away from a cruise saying they're hungry. This detail is readily taken care of by the ship, so vacationers don't have to worry about what to eat and where to go.
- Entertainment. Cruises are known for their onboard entertainment. Everything from musical shows, plays and even comedy acts can be found onboard. Plus, there are generally movies, casinos and more available for passengers. Many lines even offer entertainment specifically designed for younger passengers.
- Ports of call. There are generally great stops in the bigger tourist destinations. Mexican resort cities, Alaskan fishing ports, the beaches of the Caribbean and more will not be missed by those who book packages aboard major cruise lines.
- Side trips. Many of the better cruise lines offer "add on" packages vacationers can buy. These can include excursions to go hunting, fishing, sightseeing to special locations and more. There really doesn't need to be a fear about missing the major sights when a cruise is chosen.
- Lack of hidden costs. Depending on the package that's purchased, cruise passengers don't have to worry about how much a trip will cost them. Everything should be included in the up front costs. The only money that's generally needed beyond the purchase price is that for souvenirs, extra food items if they're even desired, and perhaps last-minute side trips.
A cruise offers passengers the best of all worlds. Upscale pampering is available onboard along with some great food, entertainment and waterway sights. With day trips and excursions available, there's no reason to worry about missing something big either.
Cruise packages can be one of the best ways to go when traveling to an exotic port of call. The folks that run the cruises know what they're doing and it's their job to make your vacation the best it can be.
#1 Resource Caribbean Cruises and RoyalCarribeanRates.com
Back to Cruise Vacation & Travel Articles
Hotels & Resorts
Cruise Information & Booking
More Articles by Ben Franklin
More Travel Articles
Views expressed in the article are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of CaribbeanChoice, its staff or members.