Ten Reasons To Purchase Travel Insurance
By Michael Contaro
What would you do if you and your family planed a wonderful Cruise Vacation and your connecting flight was delayed and the ship sailed without you?
There are hundreds of particulars that could cause you to cancel your vacation, miss your connecting flight, return home early or make you seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
Here is a list of 10 common examples of what could go wrong and why you should invest in Travel Insurance and Emergency Travel Services.
1) You arrive at your destination and your luggage is missing. Who will help you find it if it is lost? If your luggage goes on a separate vacation, who will pay for your essentials until your luggage joins you? If it was stolen who will pay to replace it?
2) Your airline, cruise line or tour operator goes out of business and you already paid for your tickets. Most tickets are non-refundable. Who will help you with the refunds and get you to your destination?
3) You and your families flight is delayed and you must catch a connecting flight. Now what do you do?
4) You bag was lost with all your medicine inside. You need to find the bag as quickly as possible or have your emergency prescription filled. Who is going to help you in a strange city/country?
5) You are travelling abroad and your passport and wallet are stolen. How do you replace your passport and where can you get emergency cash?
6) A few weeks before you leave a natural/terrorist incident occurs where you were scheduled to visit. Who will pay if you cancel your trip?
7) If a family member becomes ill and you must cancel your vacation, how do you get your non-refundable deposits back?
8) While you are on vacation you are forced to evacuate due to impending weather or a terrorist treat. Who will reimburse you for your lost vacation?
9) A family member needs emergency medical treatment and needs to be evacuated. Who will help arrange and pay for it?
10) You are in a non-English speaking country and get sick. Who will help you find an English-speaking doctor?
That's just a list of ten, I'm sure you can think of a few more. I hope you consider purchasing Travel Insurance before your next trip and enjoy your next vacation!
Travel Insurance Information Center is a web site maintained by Michael Contaro. It is designed to answer all your travel related questions. You can view the site at TravelInsurance.TravelPlansHQ.com
Cruise Information & Booking
More Articles by Michael Contaro
More Travel Articles
Views expressed in the article are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of CaribbeanChoice, its staff or members.