Top 5 Destinations Out Of Range Of Technology
By Sue Johnson
Do you dream of a luxury vacation away from menacing phones, where you can't be reached by email, and the only distraction is the sound of waves lapping at the shore?
Here are our pick of the top five destinations out of range of technology:
1. Turtle Island; Discover romantic scenery, exotic hideaways and spontaneous adventures on your all-inclusive luxury Fiji vacation.
Reserve one of the 14 private beaches, nap in a hammock in front of pristine ocean waters, plan an exotic picnic or treat yourself to a "Lomi-Lomi" massage. Explore the beauty of the island on horseback or hike through the vast jungle hillsides. Discover the wonders of the ocean through scuba diving, sailing, and windsurfing.
With only 14 private villas, relax in style amongst spacious, romantic settings as light spills in from windows that overlook the peaceful waters of the Blue Lagoon.
Enjoy Champagne, succulent meals and enticing pastries dropped off for you by boat or cart. Whether you choose to dine on one of the 14 private beaches, or relax in front of your private villa, you'll understand why this location is one of the most romantic and secluded on earth.
2. Petit St Vincent; is not an easy place to get to - that's the key to why this tiny island resort is so special. Guests must fly to Barbados, and then change planes for an hour-long flight to Union Island, in the Grenadines; from there it is another half-hour on the resort's private launch, the Hera, before you finally make landfall.
Your luxury Petit St Vincent holiday offers complete seclusion. This is the only resort on the island and is built with lodgings so well-hidden, that it will feel as though your cottage is the only one.
Enjoy a hike along the island's trails, venture to the top of Marni Hill to take in the stunning scenery and enjoy and vast array of water sports. You will find your luxury Caribbean holiday utterly secluded and the height of elegance.
3. Kona Village Resort Marvel at serene lagoons surrounded by lush tropical landscaping, dramatic black lava cliffs where ocean meets land, and sandy beaches in a protected bay teeming with an array of colourful fish. Spend your luxury Hawaii vacation relaxing in a thatched-roof bungalow overlooking the oceanfront and experience barefoot luxury without interruption from televisions, radios or telephones. Engage in activities such as snorkelling, tennis, lei-making, stargazing or try fishing the traditional way with a bamboo pole.
Reclaim your connection with all your senses through massage at the Health Spa. Or nurture yourself with a massage, facial or island-inspired body treatment. Every visitor has the opportunity to choose how much - or how little - to do each day.
4. Hotel Remota, Patagonia, Chile Hotel Remota is a very secluded spot on an already secluded bay. Puerto Natales is far removed from the rest of the world: the only place beyond is Antarctica.
This luxury Chile resort has 72 rooms, all with a view of Ultima Esperanza bay, the Balmaceda glacier and the Paine Mountain Range. Each room has floor to ceiling windows and private baths. There's no cable TV, phone or internet to ensure complete privacy from the outside world.
Hotel Remota offers a heated swimming pool, a Finnish sauna, an open air Jacuzzi and massages on call. Explore the Chilean fjords and glaciers by kayak, watch Magellenic penguins nest and play or partake in guided tours of Torres del Paine National Park. The hotel has bilingual guides available that are ready to take you anywhere.
5. Caneel Bay, Virgin Islands Caneel Bay invites you to 'disconnect' in pristine natural surroundings. This luxury Virgin Islands resort, nestled within the Virgin Islands National Park on St. John, includes seven secluded white sand beaches bordering 170 lush acres.
Nestled within Caneel's lush grounds are 166 artfully styled accommodations. Each intimate retreat is decorated with natural woods, native stone, hand-crafted furniture and richly woven fabrics. Relax as gentle ocean breezes whisper through the plantation shutters, surrender to the charms of the Caribbean moon while enjoying a romantic dinner at the resort's most elegant restaurant, the Turtle Bay Estate House. Relax with a cocktail on the veranda or savour a candlelit feast in the beautifully appointed dining room. Caneel offers a true escape, without digital distractions or any hint of the outside world.
Travel Associates is an Australia-based travel agency specialising in unique and luxury holiday options. For more holiday ideas and information visit their luxury holiday website.
Hotels & Resorts
More Articles by Sue Johnson
More Travel Articles
Views expressed in the article are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of CaribbeanChoice, its staff or members.