St. Kitts: Events
What is Happening in St. Kitts:
The island of St. Kitts has its beauty in its mountainous interior and rugged hills which helps to provide it with a number of events throughout the year. The four-day Music Festival, which occurs in June, is one of the highlights of the islands events.
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Horse Racing at Indian Castle Race Track
- Carnival Last Lap - January 2
- Horse and Garden Tour by Nevis conservation Society
- Easter Holidays - Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, Picnics and kite flying (the Easter Holidays occur either late March or early April)
- Nelson/Nisbet Wedding Anniversary Tea
- Whit Sunday Sailing Regatta
- Labour Day - 1st May
- Guavaberry Caribbean Offshore Race
- St. Kitts Music Festival (four day festival)
- Whit Monday - Official Holiday
The St. Kitts is a four-day festival, which brings together top-name soca and jazz performers from throughout the Caribbean.
- Culturama Festival
- Caribbean Cup Race: Inter Island Mountain Bike Race
The Culturama Festival is a week-long affair that is held from late July to early August and features music, crafts, parades and cultural events.
- National Hero's Day
- Heritage Festival
- Independence Celebrations
- Annual Sports Fishing Tournament
- St. Kitts/Nevis Culinary Festival
- Carnival Celebrations begin
- Christmas Day - 25th December
- Boxing Day
The biggest event in St. Kitts is the week-long Carnival which starts on Christmas's Eve and finishes on January 2 of the next year. It is celebrated with calypso competitions, costumed street dances and steelband music.