Netherlands Antilles: Events in Curacao
What is happening in Curacao:
The Curacao year is marked by a number of festive events from Carnival, which is the biggest event of the year and Calypso celebrations to International fishing tournaments, scuba diving and snorkeling.
- New Year's Day - January 1
Carnival is a joyous and usually drunken celebration held in February right before the Lenten season begins. Lent is a time for fasting and paying penitence.
- Seu Parade - April 1
- Cuban Night - April 6
- Pepsi Cola Loop - April 7
- Queen's Birthday - April 30
- Labour Day - May 1
- Derna Latin America - May 9-11
- EFEX 2002 - Efficiency Exposition - May 16-19
- Dutch Caribbean meets Europe - May 27 - 31
- Annual Curacao Heineken Jazz Festival
- Curacao Sail - Americas Sail 2002
- Slavery, Databases and the Construction of History - International Congress - June 26 -30
The Caribbean Jazz Fest is a two day event which is held in October and brings together Jazz enthusiasts from all over the world.
- Immaculate Conception
- Christmas Eve - December 24 - (half holiday)
- Christmas Day - December 25 - Public Holiday
- Boxing day - December 26 - Public Holiday
- New Year's Eve - December 31 - (half holiday)
The People of Curacao get off to celebrating their Christmas holidays early as Christmas Eve is a half-holiday. There is also early celebration for the upcoming New Year as they have a half-holiday to get a jump on the New Year.