Mexico is an ideal place to celebrate a wedding/honeymoon. Create memories
to last you for a lifetime. Visitors can make arrangement directly from their Cruise Line attendants or when they
arrive on the island.
Your hotel can also help with making the arrangements for your special
Fees: $230.00 U.S. - Marriage License
- Candidates can be married with-in 48 hours of arrival in the country.
- Passport and birth certificate required.
- A copy of tourist card or visa.
- Names, addresses, ages,
nationalities and tourist card number of four witnesses. (Note: some
cities require Mexican witnesses, but these requirements vary from state
- Written notarized parental consent if candidates are under the age of 18 years. If parents
cannot attend ceremony, must grant power of attorney to someone to
attend the ceremony.
- Notarized copies of Death Certificate or Divorce Decree, if applicable.
- Blood test is required
Editor's Note: Mexico is made up to 31 states and 1 Federal District
(similar to how the United States of America is made of 50 states and the
District of Columbia). Like the U.S., the states control much of the domestic
law in its territory, including laws concerning marriage.
Be sure to check with local state requirements, as each state has slightly different marriage laws.
Here is some location specific marriage information: