8 Things to Experience in San Diego
By Cheryl Chappell
Visiting San Diego for the first time can be overwhelming, especially when you consider that there are so many things you can do. Deciding where to go and what to do can be quite time consuming, which is where we can help. Below, you'll find the 8 best spots in San Diego - things you simply must experience.
1. Hitting the beach. No matter what season you visit, the beach is one area that personifies the entire San Diego lifestyle. Whether your watching the tide come in or soaking in the sun, the beach is where the action is. From Mission Beach to the Belmont Park roller coaster - make sure you hit the beaches here.
2. Trying a fish taco. Although it may sound a bit weird, the fish taco is one of the best foods in San Diego. Deep fried, battered fish encased in a corn tortilla is one of the foods that once you try it the first time - you'll crave anytime you come back!
3. Going to Mexico. It's no secret that San Diego borders Mexico, with Tijuana being a metropolis in its own right. Visting Tijuana or Baja Mexico is perfectly safe day or night, no matter what you have heard. Keep in mind that they have their own laws, bring your passport, then enjoy everything that this foreign paradise will provide you with.
4. Take a ride on the trolley. San Diego doesn't have the best public transit system, yet they do have the well known trolley. The highways here can be quite intimidating, making the trolley the ideal way to travel. If you want to learn more about the city, simply buy an all day trolley pass - you'll see more of San Diego this way than you ever thought possible.
5. Visiting the Pandas. While Sea World and Legoland has their share of animals, the San Deigo zoo is no stranger to Pandas. The zoo is a tourist attraction, with the baby Su Lin, which is quite a feast for the eyes. When you visit the San Diego Zoo, visit in the morning - when the pandas are most active.
6. Balboa Park. After you check out the pandas, take a trip to the jewel of the city - Balboa Park. The atmosphere is breathtaking here, no matter when you visit. If you visit on Tuesdays however; you'll find that most museums have free admission. After you visit a while, dine at the Prado Restauraunt and experience great food in a great setting.
7. Gaslamp and the nightlife. The Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego is the place to be for dancing, eating, or just people watching. You can experience the best of life in San Diego here, with food to fit every taste.
8. The Old Town. While historical San Diego isn't always apparent, a visit to the Old Town State Historic Park can bring back the past. There are snippets of Old San Diego found everywhere you look here. Although there are many fine restaurants here, make sure you visit the Old Town Mexican Cafe, as it serves the best Mexican food around San Diego.
Cheryl loves to travel to cities all over the USA, see the sights and experience the local culture. You can check out her latest interest in pet care products over at http://buycapstarfleacontrol.com where she covers things like winning the winning the war on fleas.
More Articles by Cheryl Chappell
More Articles about Mexico
More Travel Articles
Views expressed in the article are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of CaribbeanChoice, its staff or members.