Forum Name: Caribbean Cooking
Forum Discription: The place to discuss Caribbean Cooking and Recipes
URL: http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=80705
Printed Date: 05 July 2020 at 5:23pm

Topic: Every Body Looking for Food Recipies ... Hm mmmm
Posted By: Citizen Eve
Subject: Every Body Looking for Food Recipies ... Hm mmmm
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:18pm

... We all have to eat ... Lets talk food ...

-------------
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.

Replies:
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:19pm

... hm mmm ... am thinking ... just wait ... soon come ...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 4:02pm

... ah thinking ... every time ah come here an look on active user list ... is food ... food ... food ... so lets talk about food ... tell us what you like to eat in "foreign" and how your diet has adapted ... say something about all those recipies you stalking on CC ... am all ears ... did they even turn out good ... too much salt ... too sweet ... not enough dis or dat ... am sooooooooo curious of your thoughts ...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 4:13pm
 ... oh ... do you send food home ... a barrel ah stuff every now and then ... what do you put in dat barrel ... ah had fake ham the other day and ah nearly puke ... me nuh eating anything fake ... period ... they mad or something ... ah sticking to natural and organic oui ... 

-------------

Posted By: Rogerka
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:16am
ohohoh, good topic! ok, I'll tell you. You may know that I am vegetarian, or let's say vegan, if I can. I like Mediterranean, Arabic and Indian cuisine - everything without meat. I like seasonings, herbs, curry... olive oil, garlic, pasta, all kind of vegetables, our and exotic ones, salads, mushrooms, peas, beans, lentils, sprouts... I love soups! when we were in Egypt and Tunisia, it was the best food. I like natural things, bio, fair trade... if I can, I eat real good food, don't like junk. I started to like Chinese and Asian food too, but not everything (I don't eat sushi nor insects ) - I like rice noodles, rice with vegetables, plum wine, flower wine, lychee wine... I like to eat with sticks and this kind of food can be delivered to me (to work, because I don't eat in the evenings, at home). I like poppy seeds, it's traditional here in Slovakia, but many countries restricted it. If I can, I avoid white sugar, white flour, chemistry, bad oils and fats, diary, eggs... but I eat icecream and chocolate sometimes

-------------
Peace out

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 7:01am
Lawd, I already hungry just reading this.

Okay, I'm a pasta freak. I love all kinds of pasta. I love beans, all kinds. Before I turned vegetarian, my favourite was chicken and french fries, steak and french fries or just all sorts of tasty dishes. I love irish potatoes.

More to come later.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 4:00am

... my kids are obsessed with pasta too ... they could eat it for breakfast ... Lunch ... and dinner ... and still happy happy ... I like diversity in my food ... But I do loveeeeeeeeeeeee sweet potato pudding ... here I gotta pace myself ... too good ...

-------------

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:05am
You kids got good taste, CE.

In my meat-eating days, spare ribs and corn on the cob was another favourite. Shrimp, scallops, crab meat...mmmmmmm....good...

I love milk. Powdered milk, tin milk, box milk, goat milk...delicious!!!

Oh, another favourite of the past, red beans soup with dumpling and sweet potatoes. Don't talk about some thick, flat dumplings with saltfish and eggplant.   

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Print Page | Close Window