Print Page | Close Window

I'm Gay Surprise

Printed From: CaribbeanChoice
Category: General Discussion
Forum Name: News, Current Events & Politics
Forum Discription: A place to discuss what's going on in the world.
URL: http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=79629
Printed Date: 18 Sept 2020 at 2:32am

Topic: I'm Gay Surprise
Posted By: caymanian
Subject: I'm Gay Surprise
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 8:12pm
Today one of my "besist" friend, whoom i have known since 1959, we went to sea together, party togather, we went through two marrages together ( he had three) fianlly came out over drinks that he is gay. ( iam still feeling my skull if some one hit me on the head.. If this was your friend how would you deal with it. I have made my decision already. But i want to hear before i reveal my decision.

-------------
I'm alive, it's a good day.Cel

Replies:
Posted By: Rogerka
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 3:00am
I would say: OK, it's fine with me. I don't care. (In case you don't want to date with me) (you know what I mean)

BTW I have my experience.
I think elder people used to deal with it harder.

-------------
Peace out

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 5:32am
I'd say 'no problema' as long as you do not hit on me.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Posted By: p-lady
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:50am

I just stumbled on this thread--sorry

In today's atmosphere we all try to be tolerant of everyone and everything.  I guess this is no different.  Tolerance can be a double edged sword.

I'd wonder why he chose this moment to tell you?  What purpose does it serve? Is he testing your friendship?  And for that matter, does friendship need to be tested?
Questions, questions, and more questions. ?????

-------------
I smile because I am your friend.

Posted By: Citizen Eve
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 1:01pm
Had similar experience in immediate family ... an uncle ... my favorite ... was married with kids and divorced ... was in life long relationship with best friend since elementary school ... really rocked the family for a bit ... especially the ones who think they are so virtuous and live by the book - the bible ... funny part - my dad was chief of police and big time detective and he didn't have a clue or even suspected ... and it all happened on the island - a hotbed of religious fundamentalism and hypocrisy ... still gives me a chuckle ... I was amused ... did not change my feeling for the good man he is ... I say that's life ... 

-------------
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.

Posted By: Rogerka
Date Posted: 30 July 2009 at 6:22am
It should be too hard to hide it for the whole life

-------------
Peace out

Date Posted: 30 July 2009 at 7:08am
I don't know, Rogerka. Maybe there are scads of people leading double lives and we cannot even tell if they're gay or straight.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Date Posted: 30 July 2009 at 8:12am
Must be very hard concealing such a thing ... I think ... so much energy covering up ... to think it was actually illigal on the islands too ... I never judge others ... you never know their story I say ... too burdensome ...

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 11:17pm
 ... this is the one I was thinking about Sandra ... the gay topic ... 

-------------

Posted By: vutjebal
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 5:20am
I have gay nepfew in the family.....
I must say had a gay nepfew.....
Some years back he had a serious car accident and  ... He  needed some plastic surgery on his face...specially nose and lips. Thank God...he was okay after that.

Then he won the lottery..bought a house  a new car and keep going out and have a good time and  not a good life...so one day the nicest friend ever *TAX* took everything  ..he lost house , car and  his business *Beauty shop(hairdresser)*

Last time I was in Aruba, went to do my hair.....and  omg.... gospel music and anouncement of his marriage with a spanish girl and today they have a 7 months old baby girl.......AMEN.

-------------
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 6:51am
Well shiver me timbers and fry me for an oyster. What a story, vutje, and with a happy ending.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:01am
So sandy...you can see....if  there is faith and hope ...everything ...every lil piece...will fall in its place....
so one  day your ded men  will fall in their place.....in your wallet...dont forget your CC friends...

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 11:16pm
 ... hm mmm ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 1:44am
One day, one day, one day you're gonna find it.
One day when you wake up, too late to spend it.....

I want the dead men like yesterday, vutje, but if I get them today I'll not forget my two CC friends.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 10:43am
 ... not me ... I could feel it ... it will happen ... soon Sandra soon ... I will not forget the loyal CC bloggers ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:34am
I have a friend and...some time ago...we were on the same fishingboat....and  @#$% ...my friend caught a nice big fish.....and left me alone ..sitting on the fishingboat...but still I have hope and faith...that I will catch a nice and big one ..also....maybe a nice *RED FISH*Console

-------------

Posted By: Scott
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by caymanian

Today one of my "besist" friend, whoom i have known since 1959, we went to sea together, party togather, we went through two marrages together ( he had three) fianlly came out over drinks that he is gay. ( iam still feeling my skull if some one hit me on the head.. If this was your friend how would you deal with it. I have made my decision already. But i want to hear before i reveal my decision.

Gay or bisexual would be my first question.  And then I would want to know if it was a recent phenomenon (i.e. he gave up on women after 3 failed marriages).  And then I would be wondering why didn't I pick up on this earlier.

I would definitely be thrown for a loop at first if I had not suspected earlier.

Once reality sank in, I would be accepting.  To each his own.  But I would probably bend over less around him. LOL  (joke)  After all, even though I'm okay with others playing for that team, that's not my thing.  I would be uncomfortable if he started hitting on me, but otherwise I would be ok with it.

-------------
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
http://www.wistex.com/ - WisTex | http://www.completehostingguide.com/ - Complete Hosting Guide

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:22pm
I don't think they hit on their friends...well, only if they really feel a strong attraction for the friend. Otherwise, they know that their friends are uncomfortable learning about the gay part.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:27pm
 ... what about the bullying, the insensitivity ... and in many cases suicide ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:12am
That's there also, CE. And it is the reason why most of them remain tucked away in the closet. The bold ones, those who aren't ashamed of their identity show the world who they are at their own risk. Some would rather die than to expose themselves to society.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 10:01pm
 ... this world we call home could be quite cruel at times ... brutal even ... we experienced slavery and still do today in some places ... god help us ... I pray none of those I hold dear or any one for that matter should have to experience this ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:35am
Right on, girlfriend. The world...well not the world, but people in the world are getting more cruel every second. We have some human monsters in our midst.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:09am

... scary ... thing is ... they do not have horns or mark of beast ... they look like you and me ... heaven help us ...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:51am
Right. They look so innocent, but their hearts are as black as tar. Parasites!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2011 at 12:59am

... a find that those of political and religious persuasions are the worst ... all a cover for their bad habits ...

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2011 at 7:34am
I think the religious ones are the most rotten. They are even worse than Lucifer.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2011 at 4:10pm

... tell me about it ... why you think so ... why can't we do whats best for all everytime ...

-------------

Date Posted: 06 July 2011 at 6:51am
Because I see the behavior of some people who profess to be 'christians'. They're the ones shouting the loudest 'amens', throwing themselves on the floor, carrying on like lunatics. But they are evil. I heard one curse a woman, call the woman a whore. Imagine, that same so-called one-hour christian is the biggest hoe around. I know her personally. Grrrrrrrrrr.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2011 at 12:16am

... i know ... my experience the same ... and i call them out too ... many my own friends ... sic actually ... hypocrites are who they are ... is it human nature you think ... it is so common among the religious ones especially ...

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2011 at 6:55am
Human nataure, plus those so-called christians are the ones causing all the turmoil in the world. Look at those people in the Middle East who profess to be serving Allah, the terrorists. They kill innocent people and they say it's all in the name of Allah. Gee me a break!.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2011 at 7:00am
Teen girl was raped, impregnated by fellow ch
urch-member & then forced to apologize, says prosecution

A woman who says she was raped and impregnated as a 15-year-old by a member of her church – and then forced to read a letter of apology aloud to the congregation – is now seeking justice from the courts.

Jury selection starts Monday at Merrimack Superior Court in New Hampshire in the case against Ernest Willis, who prosecutors charge raped Tina Anderson twice in her home in 1997, leaving her pregnant, the New Hampshire Union Leader reported.

The then-teenager was then compelled by leaders of the Trinity Baptist Church to apologize for becoming pregnant with a married man’s child, the Concord Monitor reported.

Willis, now 52, has admitted to the sex, but claims it was consensual.

Anderson, now 29, who asked media outlets to publicly identify her to draw attention to the case, told police the church’s pastor, Charles Phelps, spirited her away to another church member in Colorado in an effort to muddle a police investigation back in 1997.

Anderson gave birth in Colorado and put the child up for adoption.

The case was rekindled last June when a Concord police detective contacted Anderson – now married with three children in Arizona – after stumbling on a Facebook page with the details, The Associated Press reported.

“It needs to be done. Justice needs to be done,” Anderson told the AP.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 July 2011 at 12:48am

... @#$%ing @#$% ... someone should whip his bare ass at the public square ... This child is scared for life ... and he call himself christian ...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window