Print Page | Close Window

If you were a color what would it be and why

Printed From: CaribbeanChoice
Category: General Discussion
Forum Name: The Pirate Room
Forum Discription: General discussions of any topic that does not fit into other forums. For less serious topics.
URL: http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=79054
Printed Date: 05 July 2020 at 5:35am

Topic: If you were a color what would it be and why
Posted By: Citizen Eve
Subject: If you were a color what would it be and why
Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:35pm

I really like red because of its intensity and passion and I like green too because it is calming ... am pulled between the two forces daily ... Wink ... I have no middle ground!!! LOL

Red%20Color  Red

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.

Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.

Red brings text and images to the foreground. Use it as an accent color to stimulate people to make quick decisions; it is a perfect color for 'Buy Now' or 'Click Here' buttons on Internet banners and websites. In advertising, red is often used to evoke erotic feelings (red lips, red nails, red-light districts, 'Lady in Red', etc). Red is widely used to indicate danger (high voltage signs, traffic lights). This color is also commonly associated with energy, so you can use it when promoting energy drinks, games, cars, items related to sports and high physical activity.

Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.
Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.

-------------
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:39pm
 Green my second choice has always been a favorite ... it is the color that grounds me and give me peace ... I love the outdoors because of it and walking through the forests ... I become one with the Gods ... Wink

Green%20Color  Green

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Sometimes green denotes lack of experience; for example, a 'greenhorn' is a novice. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.

Use green to indicate safety when advertising drugs and medical products. Green is directly related to nature, so you can use it to promote 'green' products. Dull, darker green is commonly associated with money, the financial world, banking, and Wall Street.

Dark green is associated with ambition, greed, and jealousy.
Yellow-green can indicate sickness, cowardice, discord, and jealousy.
Aqua is associated with emotional healing and protection.
Olive green is the traditional color of peace.

-------------

Posted By: vutjebal
Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:14pm
Let see the others colors  too, CE-kyWink

-------------
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Posted By: thekfc
Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:00pm
          BLUE - The most calming color & second most powerful color after red. It is the color of constancy and faith.
The soothing color blue stands for sky, good health from good air, sensitivity, truth, sleep, healing, hope, friendship, protection, calm, creativity, patience, wisdom, peace, loyalty and ones desire to nurture

-------------
Everybody wants me to learn but no one is willing to teach me.

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:05pm
Okay  then    

RED   for me   and  Blue for me too...(black/white)  is also my favorite colors

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:48pm

Pink - is the color of romance. Pink also symbolizes love, fidelity, friendship, honor, harmony, compassion and faithfulness. In Hindu belief, pink is also a color associated with the heart chakra.

Brown  -  is the color of the earth, evoking wistfulness or melancholy. light brown confers genuineness. Dark brown is reminiscent of fine wood and leather. Brown symbolizes animal majick, home, friendship, grounding, herb majick and Earth and the direction of North. In Hindu belief, it symbolizes the energy in the feet.

Silver - is the color that symbolizes encouragement, removal of negativity, and moon majick.

Gold - is the color that symbolizes solar deities, solar majick, and attraction.

Gray - is the color of neutrality and glamories. 

Black - means absorbing all light, without reflecting any of its rays.
It also stands for virtues of constancy, prudence and wisdom. It also has positive meanings of purity, binding, repelling, remembrance and protection.
In Christianity, it stands for Death.

White - is a dichotomy with innocence on one side and sterility on the other, it means everything and nothing at the same time.
In Christianity white symbolizes joy, glory and the road to heaven.
The color white projects feelings of calmness, relaxation and an inner peace with ones surroundings and inner soul.
It also symbolize the pallor of death.

Violet or Purple  -  is the color of royalty but rare in nature and perceived as artificial.

The color purple is symbolic of power, spiritual goals, passionate belief, visionary leadership, respect and wealth.
It also has come to symbolize psychic ability, success, wisdom , power, spiritual growth, and independence.
In Christianity, purple means penitence .

Indigo or Dark Blue  -  is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness.

It is as calming and shares many traits with blue but being darker the affect is more intense and powerful.
Since indigo has some of the shading of violet, it shares some of the traits of violet as well.it provides calm and coolness without cooling your intent.

Orange - is the only color of the spectrum whose name was taken from an object, the well-known and popular fruit called the orange.  Because the tree is evergreen and everbearing, the color orange became associated with fruitfulness.  In folklore the color orange stands for fire and flames, lust, vigor, excitement, adventure and wholesomeness. Orange also has meaning for success, stimulating energy, justice, attraction, endurance.

Yellow   is cheerful but can become irritating if alone for too long. dark yellow can be oppressive while light yellow is breezy. .

In heraldry, where it is called for (for gold) the color yellow stands for the positive virtues of faith, constancy, wisdom, and glory.

It also has been thought of as being a color that represents playfulness, light, creativity, warmth, mental powers, charm, confidence, vision, joy, enthusiasm, optimism, and an easy going attitude about life.

The color yellow also has many negative associations as well, among them are jealousy, treachery, cowardice, aging, and illness. Yellow represents the direction east. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by thekfc

Pink - is the color of romance. Pink also symbolizes love, fidelity, friendship, honor, harmony, compassion and faithfulness. In Hindu belief, pink is also a color associated with the heart chakra.

Brown  -  is the color of the earth, evoking wistfulness or melancholy. light brown confers genuineness. Dark brown is reminiscent of fine wood and leather. Brown symbolizes animal majick, home, friendship, grounding, herb majick and Earth and the direction of North. In Hindu belief, it symbolizes the energy in the feet.

Silver - is the color that symbolizes encouragement, removal of negativity, and moon majick.

Gold - is the color that symbolizes solar deities, solar majick, and attraction.

Gray - is the color of neutrality and glamories. 

Black - means absorbing all light, without reflecting any of its rays.
It also stands for virtues of constancy, prudence and wisdom. It also has positive meanings of purity, binding, repelling, remembrance and protection.
In Christianity, it stands for Death.

White - is a dichotomy with innocence on one side and sterility on the other, it means everything and nothing at the same time.
In Christianity white symbolizes joy, glory and the road to heaven.
The color white projects feelings of calmness, relaxation and an inner peace with ones surroundings and inner soul.
It also symbolize the pallor of death.

Violet or Purple  -  is the color of royalty but rare in nature and perceived as artificial.

The color purple is symbolic of power, spiritual goals, passionate belief, visionary leadership, respect and wealth.
It also has come to symbolize psychic ability, success, wisdom , power, spiritual growth, and independence.
In Christianity, purple means penitence .

Indigo or Dark Blue  -  is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness.

It is as calming and shares many traits with blue but being darker the affect is more intense and powerful.
Since indigo has some of the shading of violet, it shares some of the traits of violet as well.it provides calm and coolness without cooling your intent.

Orange - is the only color of the spectrum whose name was taken from an object, the well-known and popular fruit called the orange.  Because the tree is evergreen and everbearing, the color orange became associated with fruitfulness.  In folklore the color orange stands for fire and flames, lust, vigor, excitement, adventure and wholesomeness. Orange also has meaning for success, stimulating energy, justice, attraction, endurance.

Yellow   is cheerful but can become irritating if alone for too long. dark yellow can be oppressive while light yellow is breezy. .

In heraldry, where it is called for (for gold) the color yellow stands for the positive virtues of faith, constancy, wisdom, and glory.

It also has been thought of as being a color that represents playfulness, light, creativity, warmth, mental powers, charm, confidence, vision, joy, enthusiasm, optimism, and an easy going attitude about life.

The color yellow also has many negative associations as well, among them are jealousy, treachery, cowardice, aging, and illness. Yellow represents the direction east. 

-------------

Posted By: Rogerka
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 3:56am
BLACK - it's obscure but mystic...

I like RED and GREEN too (passion and calmness).

and tricolor GREEN/YELLOW/RED Embarrassed - powerful, cheerful, optimistic...

-------------
Peace out

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 5:45am
RED.......

BLUE.......

BLACK and WHI

Great colors  right.......I do have one  color  more....Salmon colorEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 9:13am
Nice getting to know you CC folks better ... thanks for sharing ... you rock my world!

-------------

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:40am
I'd like to be a beautiful golden color. You know, nice even golden tan.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 6:27pm
oops  sandy-ky   golden is money  

-------------

Posted By: Shucander
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:57pm
Green hope

-------------
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.

Posted By: Snowflake
Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 12:37am
I would be orange or green or both.

-------------
Enjoy CC!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 12:38am
orange  is Netherlands Football Team

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 6:51am
Big%20smile ... interesting ... wonder how we are influenced to choose particular color ... Wink

-------------

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 7:37am
For my colour choice, I just envision a beautiful, slender young woman with a kind of golden/bronze smooth complexion. No flaws, i.e., marks, spots, wrinkles, creases, etc. It's a beautiful picture so I'd like to be that colour.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Posted By: phonecardlinks
Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Citizen Eve

Nice getting to know you CC folks better ... thanks for sharing ... you rock my world!

yeah CE! and i like green to add.. my teacher's advise was to look at the verdant mountains if you want to relax your eyes.. it helped! Wink

-------------
Pingo.com is a virtual prepaid

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 9:33pm
now beige

-------------

Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:51am
today for me  I'm the  yellow color  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 5:29pm
So you must be feeling cheerful ... and feisty ... and a tad mischievous am sure, coming from you V ... LOL ...

Sandy I met that woman at the wax museum ... she was lost and haven't been able to find her way out ... Dead ... Evil%20Smile ... I hope she did not walk into the furnace room ... Head%20Smack ...

-------------

Posted By: Abdiel
Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:40pm
Red because it's my favortire theres not much people who like red and black... that combination rocks

-------------
One world, one love, one song

Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 8:32am

Abdiel ... I love both colors of red and black but not combined ... I always think prostitute .... LOL ... I know it is my hang up but, that me .... Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 7:13pm
red and black prostitute LOL it doesnt have to be in sex....

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 12:59am
I think she means the black/red underwear Abdiel

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 3:26am
I see myself  in a red underwear.....not yet LMAO

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 4:27am
Abdiel ... it is a color combination favored by those in that trade ... most find it very sexy and kinda bad ... I prefer the virginal look .... white ... LOL ...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:09am

Abdiel ... it is a color combination favored by those in that trade ... most find it very sexy and kinda bad ... I prefer the virginal look .... white ... LOL ...

He's probably too young to know this Smile

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:12am
Originally posted by vutjebal

I see myself  in a red underwear.....not yet LMAO

For who are you going to wear it Vutty? Angry

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:15am
For me to know  and for you to find out ......LMAO

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:22am
Originally posted by vutjebal

For me to know  and for you to find out ......LMAO

You wear it for me? Big%20smileWink I think I'm no more tired!

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:23am
wear  what  for you , snowyky....Oh%20My

-------------

Posted By: Rogerka
Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 6:35am
Abdyky, I love the combination of red and black. mystic, passionate, deep, strong... it rocks.
I found this (maybe we are manic-depressive ) - but I think it's color of paso doble, flamenco etc.

-------------
Peace out

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 6:59am
Yep roggyky   you're so right  girllll....

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:18am
I like it too, I remember I knitted a pullover for me in this combination and socks too (both striped), well that's long ago when I was in my knitting mania years ... I remember it was mohair wool for the pullover and wool for the socks.

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:21am
and what is  your  mania  at the moment???/

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:23am
None, maybe passions, but no mania.

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:25am
oops   my girll  is  happy  this  morning   wowwww.   tell me   tell me

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:10am
Today I'm happier!

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 5:21am
Nice.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 6:02am
Tell me  snowy....you did it....could  you ???  OMG   tell me  girlll I am all ears

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:31am
colorful this morning, now grey

-------------
Enjoy CC!

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:02am
why grey  snowy  ???

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Snowflake

He's probably too young to know this Smile

I know what she meant LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Rogerka

Abdyky, I love the combination of red and black. mystic, passionate, deep, strong... it rocks.
I found this (maybe we are manic-depressive ) - but I think it's color of paso doble, flamenco etc.

looks good Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:17pm
red might mean wild in some cases XD

anyway I'd be white because it represents pure, peace and clean

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 9:49pm
I like  on my skin color  the *Beige * color  like the color of
  my home dress I wear now...

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 12:49pm
BLue like the sky!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:13pm
There you go  abdiel.... http://photobucket.com/image/smiley%20angel/bunnykins3967/angel.gif?o=16">angel%20smiley   blue like the sky...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:53am
Abdiel an angel too ... that boy is out of this world ... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 12:28pm
He is  so sweet !!!  CE-ky

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2008 at 2:53pm
I know ... I hope it is not getting to his head ... Big%20smile
Gotta remain humble ... Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:06pm
Don't worry  CE-ky  we will keep his head  http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10">  

http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=12 -

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:11pm
Good ... Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 21 June 2008 at 11:07pm
Dont worry Ce ky I'm okWink

-------------

Date Posted: 22 June 2008 at 4:09am
Nice ... am impressed Abdiel ... Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:00am
Today am being my green self ... grounded and very calculating ... Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 7:18pm
White !!!! ..........Peace!!!!!Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:32pm
Good place to be ... Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 10:21pm
baby blue and light yellow - so cute colors for a cute comftirble life Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 10:25pm
Very sweet Abdiel ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:51am
yup

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:30pm
GREEN........HOPE...........Smooch

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 8:53pm
Gray... because that's the color that people run when they see it on the sky or they might say finally rain
!!! XD

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 9:08pm
right now...at this moment...RED......Fire

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 2:30am
Thats my girl ... I like red ... hot ... passionate ... daring ... am joining you in red today V ... Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Abdiel

Gray... because that's the color that people run when they see it on the sky or they might say finally rain
!!! XD

That's what it is outside right now, grey with lighting to brighten up the skys .

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 11:23pm
pasionate? vutje? CE? LMAO

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 11:50pm
Yep..abdiel I can be  all that......?  But  today i will have something not RED...but  more gray /black....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 9:07am
Black is a powerful color in the financial and court systems ... I like black too V  ... that us ... we are a powerful people ... BLACK POWER ... yes!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 10:06am
earth colors would do for me..

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:38am
Right now  for me   Oops.... http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rainbow-diagram-ROYGBIV.PNG">

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:25pm
lol vutje a rainbow

I'd like to be clear

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 9:25pm
Abdiel do you like  my http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rainbow-diagram-ROYGBIV.PNG">

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 2:52am
Big%20smile ...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 7:15am
Today I would like to be  this color... http://photobucket.com/image/red%20roses/tsoobeng/Roses%20are%20red/red.jpg?o=8">red%20rose

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:43am
How about this V?

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/roses%20from%20japan/th_IMG_0124.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:28am
sorry PC-L  cant  see itTongue
Originally posted by phonecardlinks

How about this V?

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/roses%20from%20japan/th_IMG_0124.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:30am

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 4:41pm
yes V.. but for now, maroon.. my school color.. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 4:54pm
Larspur

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 6:11pm
pc-l    I like the Maroon color!!! but  is  this  maroon http://photobucket.com/image/maroon/leong68/lava2.jpg?o=12">Maroon%20Butterfly

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:34pm

-------------

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:35pm
this the maroon colour

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 3:36am
Today I'll like to have this color ** Purple** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Labiata.jpg">Cattleya%20labiata

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 8:27am
No V.. it's quite bloody red.. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 8:37am
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/orchids/?action=view&current=06122007003.jpg - http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/orchids/?action=view&current=06122007003.jpg
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/orchids/?action=view&current=10262007029.jpg - http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/vows_df05/febe%20grace/orchids/?action=view&current=10262007029.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 3:41pm
I'd be yellow

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 4:14pm
You must have a sunny personality Abdiel ... Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 4:49pm
that's exactly what I was thinking when I posted it Happywhat color would you be today CE?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 4:53pm
I'd say green ... Abdiel, I feel grounded and introspective today ... Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 5:01pm
you feel introspective and grounded and I feel shiny today!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 5:02pm
Sweet.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2008 at 3:53am
http://photobucket.com/image/color/xultraxbarbarax/color.gif?o=10">color  

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2008 at 8:53am
colorful V..that's nice.. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:17pm
no pcl -ky she feels llike a square LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:22am
You are very funny today Abdiel ...

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 8:14am
LOL Abdiel..

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 9:38am
  http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10">  

http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=12 -

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 9:55am
Console.. for V.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window