Print Page | Close Window

worry

Printed From: CaribbeanChoice
Category: General Discussion
Forum Name: Society & Social Issues
Forum Discription: Discussions on the world and how we can make the world a better place.
URL: http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=76926
Printed Date: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:55pm

Topic: worry
Posted By: caymanian
Subject: worry
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 8:20am
I have a way of saving things that i read and  find intresting. This was one can't remember where i read it but i know it was sent to me. I found it facinating.

Worry

Is there a magic cutoff period when offspring become accountable for their own actions? Is there a wonderful moment when parents can become detached spectators in the lives of their children and shrug, “It’s their life,” and feel nothing?

When I was in my twenties, I stood in a hospital corridor waiting for doctors to put a few stitches in my son’s head. I asked, “When do you stop worrying?” The nurse said, “When they get out of the accident stage.” My mother just smiled faintly and said nothing.

When I was in my thirties, I sat on a little chair in a classroom and heard how one of my children talked incessantly, disrupted the class, and was headed for a career making license plates. As if to read my mind, a teacher said, “Don’t worry, they all go through this stage and then you can sit back, relax and enjoy them.” My mother just smiled faintly and said nothing.

When I was in my forties, I spent a lifetime waiting for the phone to ring, the cars to come home, the front door to open. A friend said, “They’re trying to find themselves. Don’t worry, in a few years, you can stop worrying. They’ll be adults.” My mother just smiled faintly and said nothing.

By the time I was 50, I was sick and tired of being vulnerable. I was still worrying over my children, but there was a new wrinkle. There was nothing I could do about it. My mother just smiled faintly and said nothing. I continued to anguish over their failures, be tormented by their frustrations and absorbed in their disappointments.

My friends said that when my kids got married I could stop worrying and lead my own life. I wanted to believe that, but I was haunted by my mother’s warm smile and her occasional, “You look pale.  Are you all right?  Call me the minute you get home. Are you depressed about something?”

Can it be that parents are sentenced to a lifetime of worry?  Is concern for one another handed down like a torch to blaze the trail of human frailties and the fears of the unknown?  Is concern a curse or is it a virtue that elevates us to the highest form of life?

One of my children became quite irritable recently, saying to me, “Where were you?  I’ve been calling for three days, and no one answered, I was worried sick.” The tables were turned. Mummy smiled a warm smile… The torch has been passed.

-------------
I'm alive, it's a good day.Cel

Replies:
Posted By: Alize
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 11:14am

-------------
* The most important thing in

Posted By: liac
Date Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:28pm
A parent’s love is unconditional and endless.  They would never stop loving or worrying about their children.

-------------

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:17am
No matter what age your children are, parents worry. I know I do.

But, there are some parents who do not worry at all. They say that the children are grown up now and they're on their own.

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Posted By: Citizen Eve
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:26pm
My post is gone ... strange ... duppy on CC ... 

-------------
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 1:22pm
It happens sometimes, CE. Your post went to post heaven.

So are you a worry wart?

-------------
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 1:49pm
Sad to go so early ... LOL ...
I do not worry too much Sandy ... nothing I can't walk away from in life either ... except my kids ... all about self preservation I say ... am always editing ... on FB ... in family ... in community ... with friends ... I harbor no hate either ...

-------------

Posted By: vutjebal
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:02pm

Worry? Yepes   there  are somethings  that make  me...   thinking   and get worry   about  it....and feel like  helpless...!!

-------------
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:42pm
What worrie you most V ... 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:49am
corrected over

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:33am

... don't worry ... be happy ...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:46am
Someone came and stole your bed, don't worry, be happy.
You wake up and find yourself dead, don't worry, be happy.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:42pm
 ... now ... thats pushing it ... me not dying and happy ... well at 120 ... yes.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:53am
WHY WORRY?

THERE ARE ONLY TWO THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT: EITHER YOU’RE SICK OR YOU ARE WELL. IF YOU’RE WELL, THEN THERE’S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. IF YOU’RE SICK, YOU ONLY HAVE TWO THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT…EITHER YOU LIVE OR YOU DIE. IF YOU LIVE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. IF YOU DIE, YOU HAVE ONLY TWO THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT. EITHER YOU GO TO HEAVEN OR YOU GO TO HELL. IF YOU GO TO HEAVEN, YOU’LL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, BUT IF YOU GO TO HELL, YOU’LL BE SO BUSY SHAKING HANDS WITH OLD FRIENDS, YOU WON’T HAVE TIME TO WORRY.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 July 2011 at 5:58pm
Funny sandy....
For almost a year...I really dont  know what  means  stress.....and  at night going to bed  and  sleep like a baby.....Thank God   for  all this....  You can try this system.  Sandy...

-------------

Posted By: ilam96
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by vutjebal

Funny sandy....
For almost a year...I really dont  know what  means  stress.....and  at night going to bed  and  sleep like a baby.....Thank God   for  all this....  You can try this system.  Sandy...

whats your secret?

-------------
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."

Date Posted: 19 Sept 2011 at 3:24am
... am all ears ... fess up v ... i sleep like a baby anyways ... dem dead men worry i leave for sandra ... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:26pm
CE...heheheee...I think you are the most time  sleeping...LOL Maybe by now you will be the whole day in bed....Silly

-------------

Posted By: ilam96
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:58am
i'm tired of being in bed, i'm beginning to hate my bed

-------------
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:49pm
I think that CC *Motherboard* is in problem, maybe Scott is  fixing  it.Oh%20My

And maybe Scott forgot to download the Anti-virus to protect the *Motherboard*
and now  it's too late...the spammers took over CCSprint

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 4:55am
OMG   I am so worried about  this  whole  @#$% secret.gif

-------------

Print Page | Close Window