CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: Hillary for President Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
geek_row
Boatswain
Boatswain
First Mate

Online Status: Offline

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote geek_row Replybullet Topic: Hillary for President
    Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 1:24am
Hillary for President !! of the island Tikitikiohno.
IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

pirate-flag-small.gif, 0 kB

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 6:52am

Originally posted by geek_row

Hillary for President !! of the island Tikitikiohno.

You're bad, you're just bad.

I think that the U.S. is actually progressive enough to have a women for President... and Hillary does have enough influence to get things done and is famous enough to be known to voters.

If a woman could be elected President, it would be her.

I'm not sure if voters would go for it though.  But after Gulf Wars II and the economy, they actually might.  Even though the bad economy wasn't Bush's fault, he is going to get blamed for it.  After 9/11, the economy was going to be bad anyway no matter who was elected President.

It would be interesting to see Hillary run for President.  Even if she didn't win, it would be an interesting race.

"One person can make a difference, one person can change the world, but you must choose to do so. You must make the future or others will make it for you." -J. Michael Straczynski
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:45pm
Hillary Clinton plans May 30 visit to Las Vegas

REVIEW-JOURNAL

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will visit Las Vegas next week, her campaign said Monday.

The New York senator and former first lady is scheduled to hold a town hall meeting in Las Vegas around midday on May 30, campaign officials said. The time and location of the event have yet to be announced.

The event will be open to the public on a free but ticketed basis. The campaign planned to announce details of how to get tickets later this week.

Clinton last visited Nevada on April 29, when she held a similar event in Reno.

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:50pm

Latest Polls

National Poll: Clinton 35% Obama 25%

New York Senator Hillary Clinton has a double-digit solid lead over all challengers in her quest for the Democratic Presidential nomination. That’s the second time in three weeks she has enjoyed a solid lead. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows Clinton at 35%, Senator Barack Obama at 25%, and former Senator John Edwards at 18%. That’s the highest level of support we’ve ever measured for Edwards. New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson is solidly atop the second tier of candidates with 5% support.

Young Democrats for Hillary Clinton

Young%20Democrats%20for%20Hillary%20Clinton
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2007 at 7:07am
weeeellll....I don't know about that. I'm not into politricks but if I had to chose a party, it would be Republican.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2007 at 8:53am
For  me it's  OKAY.. 
Everywhere.....ATWT......they come  first  and  then poor meSilly

Edited by vutjebal - 24 May 2007 at 8:53am
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:17am

HILLARY CLINTON FORUM

"I'M IN.. AND I'M IN, TO WIN! - LET THE CONVERSATION BEGIN!"
Star

Edited by Shucander - 03 June 2007 at 10:18am
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:28am

Jewish givers favor Clinton

By Ron Kampeas
Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Clinton and Obama

JTA

WASHINGTON (JTA)—Obama vs. Clinton is the horse race among Democrats, as the voice of change and the voice of experience pass each other week to week in fund raising and in polls.

Among Jewish Democrats, however, it's no race, insiders in the fund-raising community say: While U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has generated considerable excitement, the years Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) has spent focusing on Israel and other issues of concern to the nation's largest Jewish community puts her firmly in front.

"It's experience," said Lonnie Kaplan, a major pro-Israel fund-raiser. "It's clear to me that she's the best candidate the Democrats have. On domestic issues they're all the same, but on foreign policy she has such experience and knowledge and the willingness to act."

Numbers have yet to be properly crunched, but insiders tracking donations say Clinton leads among Jewish donors, especially among those whose emphasis is purely pro-Israel.

Clinton also leads among Jewish funders who have a range of commitments in addition to Israel, said Steve Rabinowitz, a top Democratic consultant in Washington.

"The overwhelming amount of the establishment money is with Hillary," Rabinowitz said, in part because her husband, former President Clinton, is such a well-known quantity. "Hillary is in a special situation—her longstanding relationship with the community, her husband's relationship with the community, her husband's fund-raising prowess."

But Obama is making significant inroads, and Rabinowitz says he may pose a significant challenge to Clinton among the Jewish grassroots.

"The phenomenon that is Obama has certainly penetrated the Jewish community," he said. "Among small givers, first-time givers, rank-and-file supporters, there's tremendous interest in Obama."

Major Jewish donors also are backing former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina and the "second tier" of candidates, including Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.), Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, because of their loyalty to Israel and Jewish issues over the years. Richardson had a solid pro-Israel record during the 1980s and early 1990s when he was a congressman.

Obama has encountered difficulties with establishment givers because of his approach to the Middle East. He says frankly that Israel also must contribute to reviving the stalled peace process with the Palestinians.

Peace cannot be achieved "at the price of compromising Israel's security, and the United States government and an Obama presidency cannot ask Israel to take risks with respect to its security," he said in April at an NJDC forum for presidential candidates. "But it can ask Israel to say that it is still possible for us to allow more than just this status quo of fear, terror, division."

That should not turn off Jewish support, says Alan Solomont, a Boston venture capitalist and philanthropist who is Obama's principal fund-raiser.

"We've heard for some years that George Bush was the greatest friend that Israel ever had," Solomont said. "Let's not forget that some people were sold that phony bill of goods. He has made an outrageous mess of the situation in the Middle East that is clearly dangerous to the United States and to Israel."

Obama's promise of change trumps Clinton's experience, Solomont said.

"People are looking for someone with new ideas who will challenge the status quo," he said. "That's why he's attractive to the Jewish community elsewhere. This isn't to diminish Hillary Clinton's competence or leadership in any way, but there's no one who hasn't seen Barack Obama and not felt moved and energized and good that this guy's running for president."

Yet it is Clinton's determined cultivation of the Jewish community that pushes her ahead, and not just because she represents the nation's largest Jewish community in New York.

Clinton has spent her six years in the U.S. Senate reaching out to Jewish groups on nearly every domestic and foreign issue that the community embraces. She was a leader in getting homeland security funds to Jewish institutions and has taken the lead in demanding changes in Palestinian textbooks that would reflect the reality of Israel's existence.

She makes a point of speaking to national Jewish groups that hold conferences in Washington before delegates ascend to the Hill to lobby.

Clinton's relative hawkishness doesn't hurt her with Jewish donors the way it has afflicted her appeal to the Democratic Party's left. No one says it outright, but her readiness in 2002 to back President Bush on the Iraq war stands her in good stead with pro-Israel givers who want an American leader who would back a military strike against Iran if nothing else succeeds in dissuading it from pursuing nuclear weapons—the "willingness to act" to which Kaplan alluded.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:48pm

HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON PRESIDENT-2008

Hillary: "The Challenge Now Is To Practice Politics as The Art Of Making What Appears To Be Impossible,Possible"

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 7:14am
It ain't gonna happen. I don't know, but somehow I don't like to see women as Clergypersons, and I wouldn't want to see one as P of the U.S.    Being a Queen and holding the scepter is okay with me.    

Edited by sandra - 07 Aug 2007 at 7:16am
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version