CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Friday, November 15, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: WHAT A THING TO TELL THE KING Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:41am
I don't believe that happened, CE.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 6:18am

Jamaica – Jamaica’s Foreign Minister, Ken Baugh, said that he has informed the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat that he intends to raise the allegations made by Jamaican woman, Shanique Myrie, with the heads of government.

The woman said that she was humiliated when a female immigration officer carried out demeaning cavity searches on her. The woman said that she was trying to gain entry to Barbados when she was subjected to nightmare treatment by the Barbados authorities.

The incident was reported to the Barbadian authorities, and the country’s Foreign Minister, Maxine McClean, said that the Jamaican woman lied, since her body was never searched.

The woman has stoutly denied the claims by the Barbadians. Moreover, her contention was supported by the former Jamaican Honourary Consul to Barbados.

The matter is expected to be discussed by the CARICOM heads of government when they meet in Belize later this week.

I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 1:37pm

... that would be a really really big lie Sandra ... Going straight to hell to do such a thing ...
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 6:14am
Well, I guess they have to search for drugs hidden in a woman's punanny, CE. If they have to do that, they should hire a doctor to do those searches, right.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:35am
... thing is ... am not even sure the system is effective ... the Israeli does it very well ... the screening is done at point of purchase ... Before the suspect even gets to the airport they are intercepted! All hype as far as am concerned ... 
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:23pm
Right. No matter how much they search, people will still smuggle contraband on board the airplane. Hey, money talks bullsheet walks.    You pay a person some big bucks to develop a case of blindness and you sail through customs.......
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:51pm
another thing they should discuss in their upcoming meeting is why when Belize belongs to Caricom and United Nation, here in the US the belizean Identification Cards are not 'recognized', heck they are not even listed in most Banking/Finance magazines....
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:22am
Yet another Jamaican woman has come forward with accusations of mistreatment by the authorities at the Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown, Barbados.

Although Donna Benjamin-McLean’s alleged case of abuse occurred in September 2004, she has decided to come public in solidarity with Shanique Myrie — a Jamaican woman who has bitterly complained of being strip searched, finger-raped, verbally abused and locked up before being shipped out of Barbados without a reasonable explanation

IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:01pm

... whats with those Bajans ... I usually make every effort to not go through Grantly Adams airport when am going home ... Mostly because they seem to do everthing in their powers to not allow you to make your connecting flight and default to over nighting there ... I hate that ... Very corrupt ...
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:52am
Barbados to deport four Jamaicans

The number of Jamaicans scheduled to be deported from Barbados this month alone, tells a story of the challenges faced by security agents at the Grantley Adams International Airport each day.

A source close to the island’s drug interdiction apparatus explained to Barbados TODAY that deportation orders had already been signed for five non-nationals, four of whom are Jamaicans whose prison terms at HMP Dodds in St. Philip are drawing to a close.

The four are among 30 Jamaicans now in prison here, all of whom were nabbed at the island airport while in possession of illegal drugs.

Tomorrow morning, when prison authorities release Anisley W. Chung, 47, a Jamaica-born man travelling on a Jamaican passport, immigration officers will be waiting at the gate to take him into custody and directly to GAIA for deportation back to his country.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version