CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Thursday, November 14, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: Local news — St. Croix Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Topic: Local news — St. Croix
    Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:02am

Brief: St. Croix Woman Missing in Wake of Flash Floods
By Bill Kossler — November 10, 2010

V.I. Police Department sources say a 51-year-old woman may have been washed into the sea near Frederiksted late Wednesday afternoon. Police and rescue personnel purportedly called off the search at sunset, to resume in the morning. No name was given for the potential victim, and the department has yet to issue an official statement.
The Source will provide additional information as it becomes available.

I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:05am

Edited by sandra - 11 Nov 2010 at 6:24am
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:31am
Rains Blanket Territory, St. Croix Hit Hardest
By Source Staff — November 10, 2010

Flooding in Concordia on St. Croix was especially severe. (Photo Bill Kossler)While Wednesday was wet across the territory, St. Croix seemed to suffer the most. Severe flooding closed the St. Croix public schools at noon and sent nonessential government workers home at 1 p.m. Schools and government offices on St. Thomas and St. John remained open.
Public Works Commissioner Darryl Smalls called the situation on St. Croix critical.

Flash Floods Wreaking Havoc in Frederiksted
By Bill Kossler — November 10, 2010

Emancipation Drive was quickly eroding due to flash flooding.Flash floods Wednesday in Frederiksted, which many residents say are the worst in memory, have done severe damage to parts of the Frederiksted waterfront and nearby
“This is just tremendous,” said Phylis Joseph of Estate La Grange. “I've never seen rain or flooding like this, and I was here for Hugo.”
La Grange is cut off to motor vehicles in both directions. At 2 p.m. a riotous four-foot-deep cataract rolled across Concordia Rd., carrying trees and debris toward the sea. In the other direction, water began at Rotary West, increasing to more than three-feet deep for several hundred yards, making the road impassable that direction to vehicles smaller than a firetruck.

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 11:34pm
Body Of St. Croix Flood Victim Recovered
By Bill Kossler — November 11, 2010

The body of a woman who was swept away in flash floods in La Grange Wednesday has been recovered by police and rescue personnel. The name has not been released by police at present.

A man and a woman attempted to drive through flowing water where the upper reaches of Frederiksted Gut cross La Grange Road when there vehicle stalled, Police Public Information Officer Melody Rames said Thursday morning. They left the car, but apparently the woman returned to the car for some reason, possibly to retrieve an item. The man managed to grab hold of a tree and escape, but the woman was swept away from the vehicle.

Police and St. Croix Rescue searched until dark Wednesday, resuming the search at 6 a.m. Thursday, according to Rames.

“The body was found in the field downstream about 800 to 1,000 feet from the road, “ she said.

With muddy water still flowing across damaged roads, police are asking residents to stay off the roads until the water stops.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:34am
We experienced an earthquake last night. It wasn't heavy on the Richter scale, but we felt it. Tsunami came to my mind. Most of us live close to the ocean so I was very much concerned.

This is the end times, people. There shall be wars and rumours of wars. Earthquakes, pestilence, children making children, children killing their parents...and the list goes on.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:44am
So Sad.

Freak Traffic Accident Claims Life of 67-Year-Old Man
By Source Staff — May 19, 2011

St. Croix police are investigating the vehicular death of a 67-year-old man who was apparently run over by his own car Wednesday night on Salt River Road.

According to preliminary information from the Traffic Investigation Bureau, the victim was driving with a passenger on Salt River Road, in the vicinity of Salt River Marina, at about 10:45 p.m. when they noticed land crabs in the area. Both people got out of the car. The car continued moving and ran over the victim, police say.

Traffic Investigation officers said the driver failed to secure his vehicle, resulting in his own death. This investigation will remain open pending the findings of the medical autopsy.

IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:22am
bizzare, but sad
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:48am
So true.

Do you think they should arrest the car? That's vehicular homicide, right?
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:31am
gyal, its not good to take a bad ting make joke, but lawd, u funny LMAO
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:12am
I just had to get that joke in. God forgive me for joking at a time like this.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version