CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Friday, July 19, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Suggestions, Comments, Feedback & Help
 CaribbeanChoice : CaribbeanChoice Forum Network : Suggestions, Comments, Feedback & Help
Message Icon Topic: Organizing Topics Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Topic: Organizing Topics
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 3:45pm
Scott, I notice that there are two of the same topics on some threads. i.e. Caribbean Room:

Page 1, Good morning/good afternoon and good night threads are also on pages 2,3 and 5.

Page 2, Happy weekend is also on page 6.

Page 2, What book are you reading is also on page 13.

In the Pirate room, Why do you post and Why do you post on CC is on page 14. Two threads, same topic.

And that's my message to you.

I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 5:34pm
I think we should create a forum specifically for chit chat like that, and leave Caribbean Room and Pirate Room for general discussions.  Maybe do something like this:

• Caribbean Room - discussions related to the Caribbean that do not fit into other forums.
  • Pirate Room - discussions that do not fit into other forums.
  • Chit Chat - for Hello, how are you doing?, good morning, good night type threads.
Any ideas for a good name for a chit chat thread?
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 7:52pm
Scott...we have tried so many times..... remember  why  did we open  one  or two threads... and  nopes....we still doing  the same...

That's  what  I was explaining about...when you start a new Topic..let say..Happy Birthday.....we all can take care of  that topic...not  you  open one   and  i open another one...and it's  the  same  happy birth-day topic.
I used  to  ask or  PMing a member ...to please  open a new Topic if  I feel  i cant or  dont  know  how  to start  the Topic.
But  let see if  we  can handle  this  chit  chat topic.....we have tried  so many times...This CC..site is ...Fun...!!
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 7:56pm
BTW...Sandy  ...there are 2 of the same topic...I like to see who started  the new topic   I think I already know...who  and  why ???
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:25pm
Vutje, you started the new topic...wait...let me check. brb

Okay, I'm back.

Caribbean Room:

Vutje, you started a 'good morning & good afternoon' thread on page 1. You'd already started a 'good morning' thread on page 3. Alize started 'good afternoon' thread on page 5.

You started a 'good night sweet dreams' thread on page 1. I'd already started 'good night'thread on page 2.

Tagruz started a 'happy weekend' thread on page 2. Snowflake had already started one on page 6.

Scott started 'what book are you reading no' on page 2. Phonecardlinks had already started one on page 13.

Pirate Room:

Vutje started 'why do you post on CC' on page 14. Weezie started 'why do you post' on the same page.

Other things:

About wishing birthday celebrants a 'happy birthday'. I started a thread "GREETINGS THREAD FOR EVERY OCCASION". I think it's appropriate. Instead of starting a new thread to wish each member a happy anything individually, I think one thread should say it all.

Scott, for the 'chit chat' thread, maybe:

GAB BAG (I like this one)
LET'S SHOOT THE BREEZE or SHOOTING THE BREEZE
OLD TALK (I like this one also)
SHOP TALK

Let's wait for other suggestions and then vote on it.

Edited by sandra - 10 Jan 2010 at 12:12am
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 3:29pm
Think people are indiscriminately opening new topics to gain credits and no thought to duplication or how it is clogging the system and of no benifit to the whole ...
I always search a topic before I start a new one ... and even if it is an older topic I post there ... this should be a group effort not focused on individuals ... a system of hierarchy feeds this individual focus ... there is merit to a team effort ... Wink
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:50am
Staying on topic is especially important for new member, since many new members will not even open a topic if they are not interested in the title.  They do not know that on page 5 they are talking about something off-topic that they may be interested in.

And Administrators and Moderators have the ability to move posts around, to other forums and topics.  I may need to start doing that more to enforce the on-topic rule.
Scott M. Stolz
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:27am
I don't get it ... all I want of CC is some good conversations ... not more red tape ... conversations with ease and humor and that I find interesting ... 
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:58am
It is not meant to be red tape.  And actually organizing conversations makes it easier for new people to get involved.

Think of it this way: What is more fun for entertaining?  A home or kitchen that is a mess and it is hard for people to find things, or a home or kitchen that is organized so that you know where stuff is?  You'd probably have more fun throwing a party or even attending a party in a place at least a bit organized. 

Try cooking for guests in a kitchen that is unorganized, and it won't be as fun as cooking in one where you can find everything easily.

Same here.  We are simply suggesting that people stay on topic in threads, and if a new interesting topic comes up, start a new thread so more people can find the interesting conversation.
Scott M. Stolz
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:52am
For me I  know what  went  wrong  on these double Topics....but  I  think...that is  me thinking Silly....those Topics  ...that  are double...transfer them together...and  make  one topic and let keep posting  on it...
If  there is a way  to do it...and  Scott  ...if  you need help...I am here waiting  ...to help  you (CC).
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version