CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Thursday, November 21, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Health & Wellness
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Health & Wellness
Message Icon Topic: Vitamins - Do you take them? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
Tagruz
Mate
Mate

Online Status: Offline

VG.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote Tagruz Replybullet Topic: Vitamins - Do you take them?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:37am
How often do you take them and which ones work best for you?

I use ABC Plus Performance. It's a Mutli-Vitamin and Multi-Mineral formula with herbs. It provides essential nutrients for energy and well-being.  I also like to use the well known Cod Liver Capsules.  Of course though, nothing beats healthy eating and proper diet.

The only thing worst than failing is failing to try.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:55pm
Tagruz, I take them by the handful. Even though I take a multi with minerals, I still take a variety of other supplements. I'm a vegetarian so I have to bone up on vitas. I used to steam my vegetables but started blending them. That way I get all the nutrients by consuming them raw. I don't lose anything.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Tagruz
Mate
Mate

Quote Tagruz Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:43pm
WOW!!! You know Sandra...I tried being a vegetarian once, but only because I was told that I could eat fish and still be a vegetarian.  Then I heard that a true vegetarian does not eat meat(not even fish) Well, I couldn't see myself eating wthout some kind of meat...so I didn't follow-up.

So you blend all you vegetables? What do you do when you go out to eat? Do you eat fish?
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:49pm
No, I don't eat any sort of meatkind and I don't dine out. As a matter of fact, I don't eat anything from anyone. I only eat what I prepare. No bread, butter, rice,whte flour, etc. I love cheese so I indulge sometimes, and I only drink Soy milk.My meals consists of:

Breakfast: either oats, Bran cereal or rice cakes with cheese. and a cup of tea. I absolutely love tea.

Lunch: Vegetables, a little more than the seven recommended varieties, blended with tomato juice.

Supper: Bran Flakes or any high fiber ceral.

Lots of water and herbal teas. I also blend my fruits for my fruit juice.

Hey, I wanna live to be over 100 years so I'm trying.   
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Tagruz
Mate
Mate

Quote Tagruz Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:25pm
Wow!!! That's eating super healthy. How much do you weigh? How tall are you?  How often do you get sick?  How often are you hungry? How often do you eat?

Living to be over 100 is quite possible and I do hope that you get there.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:56pm
Eating healthy or  not....you will or can reach over the 100....but when the <3  says   ...no more.... then everything  is FOETSIE.

Sandy I admire you......Scotty  I admire you also.... I have learnt...to eat  what they can give us to eat....and now that I have to pay for my own food...boyyyyy  everything  is welcome...thinking  about  those  who doesnot have  to eat...let say to make  a choise...healthy or junk food....Meat ,Fish  and white meat or  no meat...no  fish and  no chicken....!!!  Sorry   that  is how  I see the reality of life....!!!
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 8:24pm
Tagruz, I'm 5'3", 136 lbs. I used to be 110-115, but I stopped exercising for a couple of years and gained the extra pounds. I'm back on the treadmill again. I'm trying to lose five pounds.

I eat three meals a day. I get hungry occasionally, only on the job when I'm bored. Not a terrible hunger pang, though. I get an annual checkup every year. So far, I'm doing ok. But, no matter how well we take care of ourselves, when our number is up, we got to go.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 8:32pm
Vutje, you're so right. Look at the homeless people who dig in the garbage for food. They do not take vitamins, they eat spoiled food, they do not wash their hands before they eat, they do not know the word 'hygiene', yet they're never in a doctor's office and some of them outlive the healthy people. Also, some people who eat red meat and junk food never get cancer, yet some vegetarians get the dreaded disease.
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 4:02am
I take vitamins, but not regularly.  I should.  I usually have more energy when I do. 

But I do agree with you that you have to be careful about what people say about health & nutrition, as it is not always accurate.  I've been told by people that Gatorade dehydrates people.  I guess they never read the label.  Gatorade is actually specifically designed to rehydrate you.  I've also been told that my fast food burgers contain earthworms and I am eating worm burgers, even though the restaurants I go to advertise 100% beef.  The class action lawsuit would be pretty big if they are lying.  Decades ago I was told margarine was better than butter, now I hear the opposite.  I have little faith in what people say about nutrition because much of what I have heard is just flat out wrong, even if popularly believed.

Edited by Scott - 19 Dec 2009 at 4:03am
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
Tagruz
Mate
Mate

Quote Tagruz Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 7:44pm
Sounds great, Sandra!  Good things can come from being self disciplined. Do continue to take great care of yourself.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version