CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Sunday, January 24, 2021 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Travel, Vacations & Tourism
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Travel, Vacations & Tourism
Message Icon Topic: Your Island's Top Places of Interests Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:19pm
Oh the beaches ... Grenada's beaches are paradise for real ... from all white sand (those on Caribbean Sea) to jet black sand (those on Atlantic Ocean) ... they are all worth the experience ...

There are about 45 beautiful beaches in Grenada, one of the islands most attractive features, and which most visitors come just to enjoy.
By law, All beaches on the island are officially public property, which means that the public must have access to it, regardless of where it is situated ... talk about "power of the people" ... was enacted after our infamous revolution.
Before property can be developed, especially areas which are located near a beach, the developer must show how he is providing access in case someone wishes to go there. There are no legal 'clothing optional' beaches in Grenada!!

Grand Anse Beach

Grand Anse Beach is 2 miles of white sand in a sheltered bay, and is a favorite of many visitors and probably the most popular. It is heavily featured in advertisements about the island, and several major hotels are located next to it. It is considered to be one of the loveliest beaches in the world. As the beach is on the western (leeward) side of the island, it is usually well sheltered and calm, and is a favorite with both locals and visitors alike. Grand Anse beach has a lot to offer, from water sports and scuba diving shops, to the vendors market and several good restaurants. So, if you are looking for a beach with attractions, then this is the one for you.

Available at the beach:

Many Restaurants & Hotels, Small Bars, Watersport & Scuba dive centers, Beach Chair Rentals, Vendors market, easily accessible by bus & water taxis.

Personally I find it too commercial and crowded ... but great if you want to show off your great body!!

Edited by Citizen Eve - 26 May 2008 at 1:59am
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:27pm

Secluded Beaches

There are also other nice, more secluded beaches around Lance Aux Epines and St. David's. Most of them are a little way off the beaten path and are only accessible with a four wheel drive vehicle. Also If you take a drive up the east coast, in just about every bay, you will find several more isolated secluded beaches you can visit, even a few black sand beaches. The only difference between this type of beach and the normal white sand variety is the color. White sand usually consists of broken and pulverized coral, while black sand primarily consists of ground up rock. The texture is almost the same, with the black sand beaches being found usually at the outflow of rivers.

La Sagesse Beach

Ideal for a family outing, La Sagesse beach is in a sheltered bay and has a large expanse of silver sands. Quite shallow along the shore, it is nearly always very calm and is a favorite for families on the weekend. Also the home of the Restaurant and Resort 'La Sagesse Nature Resort'

Bathway Beach

The next most popular beach, especially on weekends, is located at Bathway in the north-eastern part of the island. Bathway Beach is mainly frequented by people who live in this part of the island, and is particularly popular because of a sheltered area where non-swimmers can bathe in relative safety. Taking the western main road will also enable you to visit the many beaches along that coast, and those tend to be a lot more accessible. This beach is on the Atlantic coastline, and therefore for some months of the year, the water is fairly choppy.

This is one of my most favorite although it is usually quite rough ... the atmosphere is unreal and it is favored by the locals who do not care for the immense crowds.

Levera Beach

Levera Beach

This beach is located slightly further north than Bathway beach, but is accessible via the same road. With a great view of Sugarloaf island, situated a couple of hundred yards offshore, this beach is usually deserted as the road to it is very rough. If you are considering visiting it, a four wheel drive vehicle would be advisable.

Sauteurs Beach

This is a nice white sand beach, located on the northern coast of Grenada, just to the west of the town of Sauteurs. Usually deserted, this beach is easily accessible by road and is a nice destination for anyone planning an island tour. While it is not as popular as the Bathway and Levera Beaches, it is still a beautiful beach to relax on and boasts wonderful views of the islands to the north.

Edited by Citizen Eve - 26 May 2008 at 1:58am
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:13pm
Playa%20Chikitu
More...

BONAIRE. Playa Chikitu Lying in Washington National Park, Playa Chikutu is beautiful, but, alas, swimming is forbidden due to the enormous waves and the dangers that lurk underwater. You would be swept off your feet right after you walked in due to a strong current that passes the island on the north coast
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:14pm
Boka%20Kokolishi
More...

BONAIRE. Boka Kokolishi Also situated on the North Coast, Boka Kokolishi is not suited for swimming, but it is a beautiful place to hike along the rugged shoreline with its typical round shaped pools made of lava stone.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:15pm
Boka%20Bartol
More...

BONAIRE. Boka Bartol This shore dive is the northernmost site in the Marine Park. Advanced divers may encounter strong currents. The recommended depth is from 20-80 feet, with interesting coral formations in the shallows. Many of the larger fish species abound, and there is a chance to see rays and Garden Eels in the sandy bottom.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:16pm
Playa%20Funchi
More...

BONAIRE. Playa Funchi Lying on the Westernmost tip of the island, Playa Fuchi is definitely worth visiting when you want to see iguana's and lizards that roam around freely. It's also one of the recommended sites for a Bonaire Guide Snorkel.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:17pm
Boka%20sl*gbaai
More...

BONAIRE. Boka sl*gbaai A beautiful beach, rocky with little sand where you can find spots to lay down your towel. There are buildings dating back to 1869.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:19pm
Playa%20Frans
More...

BONAIRE. Playa Frans At the North Point near sl*gbaai. Hard to reach but definitely worth the effort. A very intimate place, with a quiet surf. You will love it there. But don't tell anyone, it's not a big place
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:19pm
1000%20Steps%20Beach
More...

BONAIRE. 1000 Steps Beach Why is it called Thousand Steps? Because it is a long way down from the road. No problem for the young and well-trained, but when you are taking your scuba gear it requires quite an effort. The reward is that there are not many people even though is it a beautiful spot.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:20pm
Bachelor%20Beach
More...

BONAIRE. Bachelor Beach Just a few hundres yards south of Playa Mangel is a staircase that leads to a thin strip of sand and a really great place fo a swim. Although there are no real tides on Bonaire, when the water is high it is difficult to lay out so check the waves before spreading your beach towel.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version