CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Friday, November 22, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: Miss Universe Mexico Pageant 2007 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Online Status: Offline

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:03pm
All those Miss Universe Candidates 2007 Countries, are Participating in the Caribbean Choice Battle of the Islands
Miss Honduras 2007

Miss Wendy Salgado
Miss Universe Mexico Pageant 2007

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
Reading, jogging and spending time with my family.

What is your career ambition?
To finish my degree in journalism and start my own business. I'd like to work for a major publication and gain experience as a journalist and use my media connections to open a modeling agency or start a PR Firm.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in Tegucigalpa with a single mother and it was very pleasant. Although I was raised by a single parent, my mom acted as both a mother and father and provided me with all the moral and religious support and values that I needed to grow and become the woman who I am today. Anytime I take on a project, I always credit my mom because she provided me with all the love and support that I needed in my life.

What do you want the judges to know about you?
I am a very determined human being and I always fight to succeed at any task I set for myself. I always want to give the best of myself so that success is guaranteed.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22 May 2007 at 11:25pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:05pm

Miss Jamaica 2007

Miss Zahrah Redhood

I enjoy riding bikes, vibrant music, fast cars, hanging out with friends and most of all, community service at homes for the disabled. I also enjoy watching NASCAR and motor racing.

Since graduating with my honors Bachelor's degree in Biotechnology and Zoology, I've decided to embark upon a career in the field of psychology and social work.

I was raised in a town that is a historical landmark, August Town. Named after the month in which Jamaica was granted independence, August Town was the first town to be established. Growing up in this serene environment, I enjoyed nature-oriented activities such as going to the nearby river and collecting different shells and pebbles. As the first of three girls in a family of eight, including my mom and dad, I was always encouraged to display decorum and maturity in sibling rivalry. This helped me to become, what many consider to be, an outstanding individual. I was elected Deputy Head Girl at Ardenne High School (1999) and Class Representative of U.W.I. (2003) among other positions of leadership. In all of this, my childhood would not have been complete without the excitement of playing Chinese Skip and Dandy Shandy with my sisters and neighbours. Scrabble, however, was my personal favourite.

I have a genuine interest in the livelihood of those around me. As a Rastafarian promoting the message of peace, love and unity throughout mankind, I know I possess the aura and attributes necessary to make a difference in the lives of others. Wearing the crown of Miss Universe 2007 would allow me the perfect opportunity to do so.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:10pm

Miss Mexico 2007

Miss Rosa Maria Ojeda Cuen

In this moment I am interested in proving that Mexican women work for what they want and can be successful internationally. In the future I would like to study for a bachelor's degree in Tourism. What I enjoy doing the most is spending time with my family and modeling.

I want to become a good actress and I am preparing myself for that by studying and I intend to keep doing so until I'm ready to start gaining experience through work.

I was raised in a small town by my grandparents for some years because there were no schools near where my parents lived and later on in Culiacan (Sinaloa's capital) by my parents. My childhood was difficult because two brothers died during that period of my life and that caused a lot of pain for me and my family for many years. There seemed to be no pause for recovery since one died three years after the other. But on the other hand that brought us closer as a family.

I am a strong woman who is willing to fight for what I want. Despite adversity I intend to succeed in life and I feel obliged to seek happiness in life. I try to make the most out of every moment in life.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22 May 2007 at 3:55pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:16pm

Miss Neth Antilles (Curacao) 2007

Miss Naemi Monte 

I love playing volleyball. For many years I have been a part of our national team and as such I have represented Curaçao in various international competitions. I was selected as the Best Libero in Jamaica in 2005. I also love sharing my knowledge - either teaching kids to play volleyball or helping fellow students with subjects I understand better.

Since September of 2005, I have been a student of the Bachelor Degree level at the University of the Netherlands Antilles. I hope to obtain my degree in International Business in June 2008. After that I would like to enroll in an American University to pursue my Master's Degree in Economics. My final goal will be to become a Professional Businesswoman.

I was born in Curaçao in 1986 into a family of my mother, father and older brother. I went to kindergarten and then to elementary school and after that to high school. I had a great and blessed childhood, doing all the normal, healthy and everyday activities according to the stage of development that I was going through. Two of my friends who I made in my childhood are currently still my best friends. I love my family life, I feel very secure. Most of all, I have enjoyed the many countries I have visited during vacations with my parents and brother.

I am very open to everyone and am very friendly; I like my friendships. I like to give people a hand who are in need. I am very goal-oriented. I am independent; sometimes I like to go my own way. I have a great character; I am not a difficult person. I am also very honest/straightforward.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22 May 2007 at 3:55pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:21pm

Miss Nicaragua 2007

Miss Xiomara Blandino

Some of my interests include dancing the traditional Nicaraguan Ballet, Latin influenced rhythms (Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia) and the Flamenco. I enjoy architecture and contemporary art. I love to spend time with my family and friends, cooking, and making pottery. I often volunteer and help at the fire department of Nicaragua and help increase awareness about breast cancer. I like martial arts, Tae Kwon Do, and reading. (I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.) I also love traveling, meeting people and learning about new cultures.

I want to be a successful architect and use my work to show off the culture and history of my country through architecture, always respecting the environment in which my buildings will be set. I want to create my own style of architecture, one that's instantly recognizable.

I grew up in Managua, the capital of Nicaragua. I was blessed to have been born into a beautiful family where my parents remain together and are still in love. I have a younger brother who I adore above all things. My greatest childhood memories include my times of great laughter, piñatas, sweets, and frequent visits to the beaches. My childhood friends were mostly boys and with them I learned to play baseball and other childhood games. I have never forgotten them and continue to preserve their friendships until this day. I also had the great privilege to share my upbringing with my wonderful grandmother, Susana. She was an exceptional women who had a great influence in my life... may she rest in peace.

I am a young woman with a lot of charisma, and one of my greatest virtues is my positive outlook on life. I want them to know that I have great potential as a woman and that I have the capability of giving myself completely to everything that I want to accomplish. I always enjoy every experience that life offers me.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22 May 2007 at 3:54pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:29pm

Miss Panama 2007

Miss Sorangel Matos Arce

My interests include modeling and finishing my studies to obtain a diploma in marketing, publicity and sales. I enjoy spending time with my family and practicing sports to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I also enjoy giving back. My grandmother is a director in a senior citizens' home and I volunteer there. When I am not at the senior citizens' home, I give modeling lessons and traditional dances to children in the community as a way to provide the kids with productive activities.

I hope to continue a career in modeling as long as possible, and once that comes to an end, apply all that I have learned through the years, to create my own publicity agency.

I was raised in the port community of Yaviza in the province of Darien. I was raised alongside my grandmother and two brothers. Being that Darien borders Colombia, hiding from the guerillas was always a part of my childhood, but because of this I grew up in a tight-knit community.

I would like the judges to know that I grew up in one of the poorest provinces in Panama with my Cuban father and Colombian mother. Even though we had many difficulties, they knew how to pull my 4 brothers and I through all sorts of adversities. This taught me to value things and to know that in life everything is based on effort and sacrifice. Today thanks to the goals I have obtained I can say that dreams really do come true.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:35pm

Miss Puerto Rico 2007

Miss Uma Blasini

They vary from sports activities such as horseback riding and weight training to cooking and modeling for fashion shows. I also like to surf the internet to keep myself up to date on the latest trends.

My career ambition is to become a successful businesswoman.

I was raised in a small coastal town with beautiful mountainsides at the inland and beaches colliding with the Caribbean Sea. My childhood was a blissful one surrounded by the love and care of both my parents and two brothers in a very warm family-oriented home. As the only female sibling, sportsmanship dominated my upbringing. My father developed the athlete within me. They taught me moral values, to respect every one, to be a grateful person in life and to have faith, and this has helped me throughout life. Track and field and volleyball were constant disciplines in my life.

I achieve my goals no matter what obstacle I face.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22 May 2007 at 3:40pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:40pm

Miss St Lucia 2007

Miss Yoanna Henry

My interest is maximizing my business potential and I enjoy relaxing at home by watching cartoons on television after a long day's work.

My career ambition is to be a fully qualified Cosmetologist.

Growing up in the town of Soufriere, which is known for its twin pitons and the Caribbean's only drive-in volcano, I spent most of my childhood with my great-grandmother who taught me the art of making earrings out of seashells.

If I become Miss Universe, I would rise to the occasion with dignity, vigor, humility and sincerity.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:45pm

Miss Turks & Caicos Island 2007

Miss Saneita Been

I have a keen interest in helping children because my family is large. As a young adult you can learn so many things from children, especially patience, which so many of us lack as adults. I enjoy being around children and, of course, dancing.

At first I was interested in business but because of my love and special interest in children, I have decided to pursue a course in medicine specializing in pediatrics.

I was born and raised in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. During my childhood I was surrounded by caring family members who taught me to be confident, respectful and honest. Our family was united and it showed me that when we unite, we can accomplish more. I was surrounded with love and that has helped me to become the loving person who I am today.

I would like for the judges to know that I am an affectionate, outgoing, strong-willed young lady who believes in myself and never gives up on what I wish to accomplish.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:50pm

Miss US. Virgin Island 2007

Miss Renata Christian
Miss Uniniverse Mexico Pageant 2007

My interests include living my life to the fullest by immersing myself in those activities that give me the most pleasure. I am a huge sports enthusiast and enjoy watching college football and basketball, especially when my alma mater, Virginia Tech, is playing. Most of the time, when I am in the mood for a little more hands on action, I participate in local volleyball and softball leagues. I have always been an avid reader and love curling up with a good book especially on those days or nights when the Caribbean weather is a little temperamental. I also enjoy modeling, drawing, and weightlifting. What I enjoy the most, however, is spending time with friends and family because I am lucky to be surrounded by some of the most comical characters who make me laugh, sometimes without even trying.

Interning in the Browards Sheriff's Office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, cemented my aspirations to one day become a forensic scientist, so that I can contribute to my community by aiding the capture of criminals.

I was raised in the beautiful United States Virgin Islands, constantly surrounded by a warm Caribbean climate, pristine blue waters, and a diverse community that has molded me into the person that I am today. My mother, a teacher, made sure that education was a priority in my life, and it was from her I learned the value of a powerful intellect. My father, an entrepreneur, passed on to me the need to be creative and innovative, which he proved by supporting his family through his many business endeavors. While my family was never considered wealthy, my siblings and I were always provided with the necessities in life and from a young age, learned to value the simple pleasures in life. This was definitely an important lesson to learn in my youth because the slow pace of these islands provided very little beyond those simple pleasures. Therefore, most of my time was spent in school, at church, playing sports, and relaxing at the beach with friends. I consider it a blessing to have been raised in paradise by a family who nurtured and guided me in the right direction.

Being raised in the melting pot, the U.S. Virgin Islands, has afforded me the opportunity to be influenced by many cultures and diversity. I believe the ability to interact with all different types of people is an important and necessary trait of a potential Miss Universe. My degrees in Biology and Chemistry prepared me to pursue a career in public health. As the Pandemic Influenza Planning Executive for the Department of Health, I have been trained as a spokesperson to create awareness in the community about pandemic influenza, commonly known as the "bird flu", and offer advice about the protection and prevention of the public's health. Creating awareness about disease and pestilence all over the world is something I would love to continue doing as Miss Universe. Also, my involvement in sports helps me to positively influence, guide, and assist in the growth and development of the youth in my diversified community.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version