CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Thursday, November 21, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: Miss Universe Mexico Pageant 2007 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Online Status: Offline

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Topic: Miss Universe Mexico Pageant 2007
    Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:27pm
All those Miss Universe Candidates 2007 Countries, are Participating in the Caribbean Choice Battle of the Islands

Miss Aruba 2007

Miss Carolina Raven
Miss Universe Mexico Pageant 2007

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
In my free time I like to read books and make scrapbooks. I also enjoy dancing and modeling. I also like fitness and spinning.

What is your career ambition?
I have an interest in tourism and want to work for the Aruba Tourism Authority. In the future, I would like the opportunity to work as a tourism ambassador in the States.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
My parents were very young when I was born, so we went to live with my grandparents in Venezuela and then Miami, FL. At the age of 7 my family returned to Aruba to try to make it on our own. We moved around a lot, and ever since I was 15, I have had a part-time job. Even though we had difficult times, I always have had what I needed: the love and support of my family.

What do you want the judges to know about you?
I want the judges to know that I come from an island where Norms and Values are the keys in our lives. I consider myself a determined, well-organized, very positive person with a sense of flexibility who is always looking for new challenges. One of the things I like about myself is that I don't have a problem adapting in new environments.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:25pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:32pm

Miss Antiqua & Barbuda 2007

Miss Stephaniee Winter

I'm particularly passionate about the visual and performing arts. Currently I'm in my 7th year as a performing company member of the Antigua Dance Academy. The school specializes in traditional Caribbean folk dance, but other techniques are taught. In addition to the arts, I'm fascinated by computers, and I am pursuing studies within this field.

I would like to become an entrepreneur providing quality computer network services.

I was raised in the neighbourhood where my mother and her family grew up. I can clearly remember the many family get-togethers and spending time with my many cousins. I was always very busy as a child, going to school, attending music and dance lessons and serving as a member of the Girl Guides Association of Antigua. Looking back, I can truly say I enjoyed every moment of it!

I would like the judges to know that I'm not merely another pretty face. I'm an extremely determined young woman who never settles for second best.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:09pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:36pm

Miss Bahamas 2007

Miss Trinere Lynes

I really enjoy participating in any number of community outreach programmes, trying to make a differences in the lives of people, particularly my peers.

I hope to one day be sworn into the Bahamas Law Chambers as a corporate lawyer.

I was raised on the Island of New Providence in a family-oriented community where everybody was treated as if they were biological siblings. It was normal for me to participate in community activities such as fashion and talents shows, raising funds for community projects. The community helps to mold the residents into productive citizens.

I am an assertive outgoing person who likes having a lot of fun and enjoys doing new things, including riding jetskis and scooters. I like being the person who I am.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 3:58pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:37pm

Miss Barbados 2007

Miss Jewel Garner

I enjoy reading, writing, playing water sports, going to the movies, shopping, and doing crossword puzzles. I enjoy spending time with family and friends most of all.

I would like to be a diplomat and in order to achieve that goal I would eventually like to work for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to gain the necessary experience.

I was raised in Christ Church which is very close to the sea. I'm an only child, but I never lacked company, since I grew up surrounded by my immediate and extended family; I'm extremely close to my parents and other extended family members. I had a happy childhood and traveled with my parents often. I also went on lots of picnics at the beach and bike rides with family members and neighbours.

My upbringing has developed me into an extremely goal-oriented person with positive values. I am also professional, humble and compassionate in all that I do.

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:42pm

Miss Belize 2007

Miss Maria Jeffery

My interests are reading, fishing, sports, dancing, cooking, painting, camping gardening, supporting great causes involving children, traveling, modeling and nursing. I enjoy fishing, traveling and sharing nursing tips and information the most.

To be the Head Nurse in the country of Belize and continue to model, do print work for as long as possible and always be involved in charity, especially related to children and the elderly.

I grew up in an old colonial house in Belize City. It was near the sea and right across from our still very popular Memorial Park. My parents, two sisters , my brother and I lived in the attic area of the house, which was fairly large for an attic. My great-grandmother lived on the main floor, and she took great pride in maintaining and keeping up the well-waxed wooden floors. She would varnish her wooden furniture on a regular basis. The house was very interesting because it was rich in history, from the paintings and pictures to household items, books and furniture, most of which was mahogany. Our attic area was always filled with a wonderful sea breeze that the large old fashioned shutter windows allowed in. My siblings and neighborhood friends were always playing outdoors whether it was in the park or in someone's backyard. However, one of my most favorite memories of living there was waking up early in the morning when the air was the freshest and my mom taking us all out to the park for a breakfast picnic. It was wonderful.

As a nursing student I have had the opportunity of working with Belizean adults, students and children of all ages; I've worked with them as a nurse and as an educator in areas such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity and HIV/AIDS, which are very common in my country, along with many other illnesses and disorders. I do enjoy the profession I have chosen. Although working at the regional hospital and the clinics has brought me great satisfaction, I believe I receive even greater satisfaction in educating them and taking on a more preventative approach, which is so needed right now. Belize is a melting pot of many various cultures, so I also get the chance of getting to know each one, their lifestyles, and beliefs, which I always find very interesting.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 3:58pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:44pm

Miss Colombia 2007

Miss Eileen Roca

I want to be a journalist. I like singing, dancing, modeling, and reading. Sometimes I play the guitar.

My main goal is to be a recognized journalist and TV anchor.

I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, but I have lived in Colombia since I was three. I lived out my childhood in Valledupar (my parents' hometown), and it was very nice because I grew up with the typical, and now renowned, local music, Vallenato. The people are very friendly because this music makes everybody happy. I'm a very happy person because of my childhood. I used to travel around the world with my family, and I saw many cultures and places that I enjoyed when I was a girl. Also, my parents are from Colombia and part of my family comes from Indian decent called Arhuacos.

I'm an authentic and natural girl with no surgeries and for me the most important thing is not having a gorgeous body, but interior beauty, a great heart, intelligence and being grateful for everything that God has given me. I also want the judges to know that I have a foundation for Deaf people.  I created it with my mom who knows about this terrible illness because she is an otolaryngologist. I have been working by myself getting support from everybody because I'm working to get cochlear implants for Deaf people. At this moment we are organizing a beauty pageant for Deaf girls called Miss Deaf Colombia.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:22pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:46pm

Miss Costa Rica 2007

Miss Veronica Gonzalez

My main interest in the short term is to represent my country the best I can in the Miss Universe Competition and getting my master's degree in Environmental Studies. What I enjoy doing most is watching movies from several countries around the world. It is an easy way for me to get to know and learn about the cultures from each country and region.

My main goal is to be an excellent environmental health professional because in my country we have great flora and fauna and we have to take very good care of it.

I was raised in a very nice town called Orotina, 2 hours away from San Jose. My childhood was one of the most special periods of my life; I was a very happy child with a lot of freedom and a loving family. I spent most of my days on my family's farm, riding horses, eating lots of fruits, and playing in the green fields all day.

I am a very honest person. I am someone who always strives to reach my goals and dreams. Above all, I am a happy woman and I enjoy life. I live in the moment.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 3:59pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:50pm

Miss Dominican Republic 2007

Miss Massiel Tavares

I enjoy painting, reading books, and I love to take part in charity events. That is where I give all of my undivided attention, to the underprivileged.

I would like, in the near future, to become a respected interior designer and collaborate with the rest of the world through my work and knowledge to leave a positive impression on the world.

It was a simple yet humble home. The abundance of trees and singing of the breeze is an innocent song that remains in my memory. I had many many childhood friends. My childhood was very pretty but somewhat difficult. At the age of 10 my parents divorced and it was a time of trial and tribulations. However, I wouldn't change anything because everything that happened has made me who I am today.

I am a person of faith and devotion capable of making dreams come true, not only for me but for others as well. Above all, I am a person who knows where I am going but I will never forget where I've been because being humble should be the primary quality of a human being.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:00pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:55pm

Miss Guatemala

Miss Alida Boer

I enjoy studying, reading, going to the movies, traveling, and living my life with passion. I also am interested in constantly improving my spa and I work very hard everyday at becoming a better person.

I want to get my doctorate at the London School of Economics as a foundation for the president of my country one day. In the meantime, I am the owner of a spa and I want to become an even more powerful businesswoman; I want to influence Guatemala in a positive way.

I had a great childhood in a family with integrity. They educated me in the best way possible with great values and principles. I was raised in Guatemala, but we moved a lot because of my dad's job. It was great because I was exposed to a lot of different cultures and their countries.

I am a genuine person. I am very motivated, and I've worked very hard ever since I was young. I've always believed that when you dream big, you achieve big things. I am really very close to my family; they are the most important people in my life since they are the only ones there no matter what.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:09pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22†May†2007 at 2:59pm

Miss Guyana 2007

Miss Meleesea Payne

I enjoy modeling and singing, but dancing is my joy. It allows me freedom of expression that would otherwise remain hidden.

To become a child psychologist and the founder of the Beacon of Hope Foundation, which is a Nongovernmental Organization that provides food, clothing, medical attention, craft training, and different forms of performing arts for underprivileged children. I've always loved kids and I want to help them in any way because they will be the ones who determine where we will be tomorrow.

I was raised in the capital of Georgetown, known as the "Garden City", in an area called Blygezight. This is close to the seawall, which is a concrete wall separating the Atlantic from our below-sea level country. I had a bright childhood. I lived in an extended family household with my single-parent mom, my great-aunt and my brother. Nevertheless it was very enjoyable. I remember my great-aunt telling us old folktales of horrors of no lights and Bible stories that would keep us longing for more. I love to play ring games with my friends and brother. My favorite one was "Gypsy in the Moonlight".

I am very committed in everything I do, especially when it comes to helping the less fortunate. Anything that I do that will benefit anyone else makes me feel good. I also loved a challenge.

Star

Edited by Shucander - 22†May†2007 at 4:01pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version