CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Travel, Vacations & Tourism
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Travel, Vacations & Tourism
Message Icon Topic: Welcome to "COLOMBIA" Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
weezie
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Online Status: Offline

New-York.gif, 0 kB

Quote weezie Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by vutjebal

Originally posted by weezie

Originally posted by vutjebal

Weezie, I mean, that you can see  at  her face that she's not  una Colombiana...
Huh  oops  did I say  something wrong...  hope  not...

Silly  Evil%20Smile   Bad%20Grin
Ayayayayaya...you can see  that  weezie  is back online, 
welkom  sistaHuh

Thanks...
I know what you mean. People come up to me and ask me if I'm Cuban-Panamanian-Jamaican-Trinidadian...I say non;
I'm from Senegal...LOLThen they will give me a dirty look.

But we can always detect 'something' about each other...

Edited by weezie - 23 May 2007 at 2:35pm
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 8:25pm
 Medellín Flower Fair 2007

Medellín Flower Fair
When: 3 - 12 Aug 2007 (annual)
Where: Medellín
Cost: Free
Opening Hours: Various

The centre of Medellín bursts into flames of colour and a delicious bouquet of sweet smells during the Flower Fair, the city's most important cultural event.
< = =text/> document.write(''); < = ="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/wiley.whatsonwhen.com/;e=19258;l=133594;l=131024;l=130994;c=707;c=2229;c=5926;c=2237;c=1289;c=565;c=2230;c=5926;c=2237;c=1469;c=1289;c=565;c=2230;c=5926;c=2237;c=1470;c=1289;c=565;c=2230;c=5926;c=2237;fn=;ch=s;sz=300x250;tile=2;ord=377190560?" =text/>
Colombia is famous for its flowers and exports them all over the world. This annual celebration has been going strong since 1957 and is always held during the first two weeks in August.

One of the highlights of the fair is the Desfile de Silleteros, which sees processions of campesinos move slowly through town with large wooden constructions on their backs, each decorated elaborately with flowers of every colour and fragrance. The crowds get hectic so be prepared for serious elbow work to get a good vantage point. The biggest parade takes place every year on 11 August, which is a local holiday.

The fair also features exhibitions of orchids, flowers and artisan crafts. There are flower arranging competitions (you can guarantee that participants have gone to town with their floral artistry), a parade of classic cars, a beauty parade to find the Queen of the Flowers and, like all Colombian gatherings, plenty of live music and dancing.

Also well worth a visit are the Botanical Gardens, (otherwise known as Joaquín Uribe gardens) at Cra 52, No. 73-298 near the university. They have more than 600 varieties of indigenous flora and are of justifiable pride to the city.
Related Information
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 8:46am
In  the  good  times, before  1990....oops  Medellin Flower's parade  was  something you will never  forget....It was  something like Carnaval...but only  flowers and from Jardin Botanico and The Queen nice music....OOPS very nice.

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 9:59pm

Jardín Botánico ' Joaquín Antonio Uribe ' (Orquideorama)

8 al 12 de agosto

En la edición 49 del Desfile de Silleteros participaronn 483 silleteros que con sus flores dieron despliegue a la creatividad. El centro vibró de emoción.

Edited by Shucander - 26 Oct 2007 at 12:15am
IP IP Logged
Rogerka
Captain
Captain

Jamaica.gif, 1 kB Slovakia.gif, 0 kB

Quote Rogerka Replybullet Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 2:48am
wow, very beautiful flowers! it reminds me of our annual exhibition called Flora here in my city Bratislava.
Peace out
IP IP Logged
msjoy
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Conch Republic United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote msjoy Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 12:51pm
Very beautiful, I just showed my Colombian co worker and she was so happy pointing oit things. It is beautiful thank you
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 8:54pm
Yepes..it's really nice  to see it personal...very nice Thumbs%20Up Great job Star

IP IP Logged
msjoy
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Conch Republic United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote msjoy Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 9:38am
Clap
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 11:51pm

<>+ Latest positive news about Colombia +

Rodrigo%20Ocampo
  • Colombian nationals are proud of having two young scientists working for NASA

Diana Trujillo, 23 years old, from Cali, is working for Nasa since 2006 as a research team member. Rodrigo Ocampo, 21 years old, from Bogota has been chosen to work with another 18 interns from all over the world under the guidance of prestigious scientists. They are good reasons for Colombian citizens to be proud of. However there is something great about this presence: knowledge is spreading as a leading force for human beings from around the world to become active in world scenarios to make a better universe.

diana%20trujillo Diana is a student in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Minor In Biomechanics, at th University of Florida in Gainesville, FL. In Diana Trujillo's personal statement at NASA she says "I left Colombia with the dream of becoming an Astronaut. In my plans, my first step was to learn English; Then graduate from a recognize university as an Aerospace Engineering, and then find my path towards NASA to become an Astronaut. Today, as I write this paragraph, I still can not believe that I can finally say "I am going to work in NASA this summer". This has been the greatest gift life can give me. Thank you!"

rodrigo%20ocampo Rodrigo Ocampo is also a student of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at University of Florida. His personal statement at NASA is: "I believe everyone has a mission on this planet, to change the world for the better, and is everyone's responsibility to achieve this through each respective career a person chooses. I have chosen my path, that of Aerospace Engineering which combines my passion for space and all its mysteries as well as the development of new technologies that can benefit all kinds of peoples around the world. I intend to work from the inside with the U.S. Air Force to help influence world policy, advocate space and extend our reach to the stars. This path hasn't been easy, but I've taken the challenge head on, hard work, discipline, perseverance and friendship is what propels me forward in all my endeavors, from leaving Colombia and adapting to a new culture to being accepted in this great program. I thank my family for instilling such sense of responsibility and curiosity early on which I've developed even more so through the years."

Star
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 12:23am
This is great news...Wink
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version