CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Recipes Main Menu 

Related Forums 
 Caribbean Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 International Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 Recipe Comments 
 Other Forums 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Sunday, September 27, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Caribbean Cooking
 CaribbeanChoice : Food, Cooking & Dining : Caribbean Cooking
Message Icon Topic: In need of Panada Recipe Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Destinee
Landlubber
Landlubber

Online Status: Offline

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Destinee’s Recipes

Quote Destinee Replybullet Topic: In need of Panada Recipe
    Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 11:21am

Hi everyone! My name is Destinee, I am recently married and my husband is Belizean. He really wants me to learn to cook Belizean food  but all I can cook is mostly Mexican food being that is what I was raised on. I really enjoy Belizean Cuisine but I seem to be unable to find any recipe books anywhere. And his family wont give me any recipes. So I was wondering if anyone out there can help.  I have a few recipes I found online but the 1 I really want is PANADAS and the onion sauce (whatever it's called lol  ) I really like those alot. And its getting a bit expensive going to resturaunts all the time for them. I would appreaciate any help given. Thanx....

IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

ilam96’s Recipes

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 2:01pm
Hey Destinee gyal, I was going to tell u this in the Caribbean Room but I got carried away...hehe, I do that a lot
Look me up girl!
We have to talk mein...
Now about your recipe delima...I'm a bit confused: is it empanadas u looking for? or belizean panades?
Don't worry, I got u back!
IP IP Logged
Destinee
Landlubber
Landlubber

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Destinee’s Recipes

Quote Destinee Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by ilam96

Hey Destinee gyal, I was going to tell u this in the Caribbean Room but I got carried away...hehe, I do that a lot
Look me up girl!
We have to talk mein...
Now about your recipe delima...I'm a bit confused: is it empanadas u looking for? or belizean panades?
Don't worry, I got u back!

Belizean Panades............

IP IP Logged
paulbarbara
Landlubber
Landlubber

paulbarbara’s Recipes

Quote paulbarbara Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2005 at 7:59pm

Hi Destinee, I can't help you with the Belizean recipes but, I understand you since I'm getting married with a wonderful Haitian man and I have the same problem in the kitchen making haitian dishes.

We will learn....

Good luck

Barbara

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2005 at 7:00am

Pandas!

Oh, you said Panades.   I first glanced at the title, and said "what?"  You need a "Panda Recipe!"  

Well, welcome to CaribbeanChoice Destinee and paulbarbara!

I don't have the recipe, but I think ilam96 might be able to help you out for the Panades.

ilam96, can you post the recipe here in case other people ask?  Thanks.

Edited by Scott
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
reemz

Belize.gif, 0 kB

reemz’s Recipes

Quote reemz Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 8:48pm
hi i joined this forum just because i saw your dilemma. i am from Belize and although i have never made panades i have a mother who makes them all the time. you have to by "masa" its a corn type of flower and you take that and mix it with water, salt and paprika and get it to a somewhat firm but movable consistency. then you make little balls out of them then you put in on a metal masher. you have to put some form of wax paper on both sides so it doesn't stick to the metal. if you don't have one of these you can flatten it with your hands or flatten it with a rolling pin. it should be the size of a small pancake. to make the filling you take a can of salmon that you drain and then clean so theres no bones and mix that with a little pepper and finely diced onions. you put some of the mixture in the flattened masa corn you just made and fold it over so it looks like one of those Hostess fruit pies. then you put into hot oil and fry on both sides til' golden and crispy. i don't really know how to make the sauce for it but i do know it is made with cabbage and vinegar. i hope i didn't leave anything out, like i said i haven't actually made them myself but i had a class project and i decided to talk about them and i asked my mother and this is what she told me. hope i didn't leave anything out and i hope it works out for you, good luck.
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:26am

Thank you for the recipe Reemz!

And welcome to CaribbeanChoice!

Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
paulbarbara
Landlubber
Landlubber

paulbarbara’s Recipes

Quote paulbarbara Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 11:43pm

I received by mistake this recipe that I think you were lookink for.
I guess is a delicious dish, good luck....

Forum: Caribbean Cooking & Recipes
Topic: In need of Panada Recipe
Posted By: reemz

hi i joined this forum just because i saw your dilemma. i am from Belize and although i have never made panades i have a mother who makes them all the time. you have to by "masa" its a corn type of flower and you take that and mix it with water, salt and paprika and get it to a somewhat firm but movable consistency. then you make little balls out of them then you put in on a metal masher. you have to put some form of wax paper on both sides so it doesn't stick to the metal. if you don't have one of these you can flatten it with your hands or flatten it with a rolling pin. it should be the size of a small pancake. to make the filling you take a can of salmon that you drain and then clean so theres no bones and mix that with a little pepper and finely diced onions. you put some of the mixture in the flattened masa corn you just made and fold it over so it looks like one of those Hostess fruit pies. then you put into hot oil and fry on both sides til' golden and crispy. i don't really know how to make the sauce for it but i do know it is made with cabbage and vinegar. i hope i didn't leave anything out, like i said i haven't actually made them myself but i had a class project and i decided to talk about them and i asked my mother and this is what she told me. hope i didn't leave anything out and i hope it works out for you, good luck.

IP IP Logged
RSOSA

United-States.gif, 0 kB

RSOSA’s Recipes

Quote RSOSA Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 5:24pm
HELLO DESTINEE! JUST LIKE YOU I JUST RECENTLY GOT MARRIED, AND MY HUSBAND IS BELIZEAN. I AM ALWAYS TRYING TO COOK UP SOMTHING NEW FOR HIM SO HE CAN HAVE SOME KIND OF TASTE FROM BACK HOME. THANKS TO YOU I FOUND OUT HOW TO MAKE PANADES. I MADE THE SAUCE THE OTHER DAY AND IT CAME OUT GREAT. SOME PEOPLE MAKE IT WITH CABBAGE, SOME MAKE IT WITH ONION. WHAT I DID WAS CHOPPED UP ONE BIG ONION (AND I MEAN ONE BIG ONION) YOU NEED TO CHOP IT REALLY SMALL(A CHOPER WILL WORK GREAT, OR A BLENDER) FOR ONE BIG ONION I PUT 2 HABBANERO PEPPERS.(THOSE ARE THE LITTLE RED OR THEY COME IN YELLOW, ORANGE PEPPERS) CHOP THEM UP JUST LIKE THE ONION. MIX BOTH ONION AND PEPPER TOGETHER AND FLORMENT IT IN VINIGER, JUST ENOUGH VINIGER TO COVER THE SAUCE. I PUT IN THE FRIDGE FOR A DAY OR SO. IF IT IS TOO HOT ADD SOME LEMON. GOOD LUCK!
IP IP Logged
Destinee
Landlubber
Landlubber

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Destinee’s Recipes

Quote Destinee Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 1:04am

THANX GIRL, I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE THEM A FEW TIMES SINCE I 1ST POSTED THE MESSAGE, AND WELL, I GAVE UP LOL  TOO MUCH WORK...LOL.. AND WELL MY HUSBAND JOINED THE ARMY SO I REALLY DONT HAVE A NEED TO MAKE EM SO MUCH ANYMORE... BUT THER EIS A RESTURAUNT DOWN THE WAY OVER HERE THAT WILL SELL THEM PREMADE BUT NOT FRIED AND WE HAVE BEEN GOIN THERE WHERENEVER HE IS HOME AND WE JUST FREEZE THEM..BUT THANK U AGAIN AND WHEN MY HUBBY COMES HOME FROM HIS DEPLOYMENT I MIGHT STAR COOKING AGAIN LOL SEEYA...

Originally posted by RSOSA

HELLO DESTINEE! JUST LIKE YOU I JUST RECENTLY GOT MARRIED, AND MY HUSBAND IS BELIZEAN. I AM ALWAYS TRYING TO COOK UP SOMTHING NEW FOR HIM SO HE CAN HAVE SOME KIND OF TASTE FROM BACK HOME. THANKS TO YOU I FOUND OUT HOW TO MAKE PANADES. I MADE THE SAUCE THE OTHER DAY AND IT CAME OUT GREAT. SOME PEOPLE MAKE IT WITH CABBAGE, SOME MAKE IT WITH ONION. WHAT I DID WAS CHOPPED UP ONE BIG ONION (AND I MEAN ONE BIG ONION) YOU NEED TO CHOP IT REALLY SMALL(A CHOPER WILL WORK GREAT, OR A BLENDER) FOR ONE BIG ONION I PUT 2 HABBANERO PEPPERS.(THOSE ARE THE LITTLE RED OR THEY COME IN YELLOW, ORANGE PEPPERS) CHOP THEM UP JUST LIKE THE ONION. MIX BOTH ONION AND PEPPER TOGETHER AND FLORMENT IT IN VINIGER, JUST ENOUGH VINIGER TO COVER THE SAUCE. I PUT IN THE FRIDGE FOR A DAY OR SO. IF IT IS TOO HOT ADD SOME LEMON. GOOD LUCK!

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version