CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Religion, Theology & Spirituality
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Religion, Theology & Spirituality
Message Icon Topic: 666 Mark of the Beast Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Online Status: Offline

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Topic: 666 Mark of the Beast
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:18am

I am currently doing some research on this issue and would like to get some 3rd party poit of view.

IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2004 at 10:12pm
IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

pirate-flag-small.gif, 0 kB

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2004 at 4:58pm

The interesting and scary thing is that because so many believe it, it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  That't the biggest problems with prophecies.  We often make them true.

"One person can make a difference, one person can change the world, but you must choose to do so. You must make the future or others will make it for you." -J. Michael Straczynski
IP IP Logged
RevMorrey

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote RevMorrey Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:12am
The mark of the beast being 666 is a bit of a misnomer.

What the scripture is in effect saying is that in the last days EVERYONE who wishes to particpate in commerce (buy something or sell something) will be given a number by the first beast (There are in fact 2 mentioned).  The beast is not the devil, nor is it the antichrist, the beast is some great entity that will rule the world.  Many people believe this is reffering to UN or WorldBank.

Then the number 666 is derived from this passage.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This is saying that the second beast is in fact a man, many call him the anti-christ, but regardless the number he is assigned is 666.

The most relevant secular interpetion of this section of Revelations in question is interpeted generally by those who oppose the movement from paper currency to card based transactions.  They view it thusly...

"It is wrong to move away from currency since, the movement to computer based transactions requires an ID number, revelations says that each person who wishes to buy or sell would be given a number upon their forehead or in their hand.  It is interesting to note, that even now it is possible to enter your credit card information in manually (a number upon your head), or to swipe your card (a number in your hand).  It is also interesting to note that credit card companies (including debit cards) have moved away from signature security, to simply looking at and entering the CCV (Credit Card Verification) number on the back of the card which is almost always a 3 digit number, that is the mathematical result of a formula applied to the front of the card."

According to these views, the current move to a cashless society is what is reffered to in the book of revelations as the first beast, and by some happenstance the checksum at the end of the card is the 3 digit number to watch out for when looking for the number of the man, who's number is Six hundred, Threescore and Six.

Rev. Steven Morrey D.D.
IP IP Logged
Hairy_Plotter
Mate
Mate

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote Hairy_Plotter Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:12am

From Russia with Love. http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=4939&li nk_name=The+Sounds+Of+Hell&my_url=http://www.geocities.c om/Athens/Agora/7197/scream.html      

The Screams From Hell. This content is safe . . . for your computer. 

Edited by Hairy_Plotter
IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:48am

Wow!

Screams from Hell recorded from an oil rig in Sibera, nine miles down.

I guess Hell really did freeze over!

"One person can make a difference, one person can change the world, but you must choose to do so. You must make the future or others will make it for you." -J. Michael Straczynski
IP IP Logged
RevMorrey

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote RevMorrey Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 6:12pm
As far as people actually concidering 666 the number of the beast...

The number would have been set down in Greek or Latin, which was widely understood at the time of the transcription, however you will note that it does say Six hundred, Three Score and Six. This is generally interepeted as 666, however it also could have meant 600 2020 206, which would of course be the beasts Discover card number. Smile

However it does seem logical to me, that a 10 digit number would be choosen to represent each and every person on earth should a worldwide movement ever be made to abolish paper currency and settle into singular transaction form, such as Credit, Debit Cards or even RFID implants as some have speculated. I should note to you that there are already functional RFID tag implants, and most of them use 10 digit numbers, for instance my Dog has tag number 1006034906. It's not to far of a stretch to imagine a day when in the "interests of security", our governments do decide to make these implants compulsory.

My own personal feelings on this matter are pretty simply this, according to revelations one day the government(s) of the earth will simply cease to trust it's people and place all faith in a single worldwide computer network.

Each person will then be assigned a number of 10 digits in length. This number will be contained in an RFID tag that will be implanted just under the skin, in either the palm of the hand, or in the forehead. This tag will be used to track your movements, clock your hours at work, and process your shopping transactions, it will be as ubiquitous as your Social Security number, or your credit card number, and will function as a combination of both.

It will at least initially be hailed as a great convienence feature, since you will no longer have to worry about lost time cards, or have to stand in line at the store, just put your items in the cart and walk out of the store. No need to wait to a pay toll at the turnpike, since your car will know who you are, and tell the turnpike who you are and to debit your account.

Anyways my feeling is that once this number has become pretty standard, that someone with the ID# 6002020206 will rise to power and will in fact become the second beast.

Another line of thinking is that this already exists in the form of social security numbers, and that this section is actually a warning to employees of the social security administration to watch out for and sound the alarm as soon as "600 20 2026" or "600 60 0006" becomes a valid number, since that person will be the antichrist.

The only real problem I see with this line of thinking is that the SS# is only an american institution, so it doesn't quite fit with prophecy. But I do feel sorry for the poor child from Arizona (600 is the Arizona block) who does gets either of these social security numbers, since the insitution of the SS system, there has been a secretive group of "Latter Day Warriors", who to prevent the rise of the anti-christ have taken a blood oath to kill anyone who posseses either of these social security numbers. These children will be in a very real and present danger for their whole life, whether or not they are the Anti-Christ.

Ok well thats probably a long enough sermon on this subject.

Rev. Steven Morrey D.D.

Edited by RevMorrey
IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by RevMorrey

The only real problem I see with this line of thinking is that the SS# is only an american institution, so it doesn't quite fit with prophecy. But I do feel sorry for the poor child from Arizona (600 is the Arizona block) who does gets either of these social security numbers, since the insitution of the SS system, there has been a secretive group of "Latter Day Warriors", who to prevent the rise of the anti-christ have taken a blood oath to kill anyone who posseses either of these social security numbers. These children will be in a very real and present danger for their whole life, whether or not they are the Anti-Christ.

What is ironic is that the "Latter Day Warriors" line of thinking doesn't even make sense.

Let's see:

"We believe in a prophecy and believe it is going to happen, therefore we are going to try to stop it from happening." 

Does anyone other than me see the flaw in their logic here?

According to their beliefs, God said this was going to happen.  Now, if they are saying that they can stop what God said would happen, wouldn't that amount to them saying that they are better than God and can change God's prophecy?  So is God's prephecy true, or can people who believe the prophecy stop the prophecy, which would mean they don't believe it's a prophecy, because if they believed it was a prophecy, they would accept the fact that it would happen.  If they stop it from happening, then God's prophesy isn't true, which means that the Bible is wrong.  But if their actions make the Bible wrong, then why do they believe the Bible is right, when it is possible for them to disprove the Bible by changing events?

This circular logic is driving me nuts. 

Some people are so dumb and it's sad thay they would actually kill innocent people over this.  Their logic makes no sense at all.

Even if they DID kill the supposed anti-Christ, since it is a prophecy and is supposed to happen anyway, wouldn't someone just take his place?

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2004 at 8:44pm

Originally posted by Duck Sauce

Even if they DID kill the supposed anti-Christ, since it is a prophecy and is supposed to happen anyway, wouldn't someone just take his place?

Reminds me of a quote from Bablylon 5:

"You are touched by darkness, Ambassador. I see it as a blemish that will grow with time. I could warn you, of course, but you would not listen. I could kill you, but someone would take your place. So, I do the only thing I can. I go."

Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
RevMorrey

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote RevMorrey Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:02am

Duck Sauce wrote:

I have no idea how the mind of any murderer works, except to say that maybe they feel that revelations is a warning and not a prophesy.  Therefore if they stop the anti-christ from coming to power, then that will nullify the remainder of revelations and prevent the suffering that is prophesied from coming to pass.

Some people are just very deluded and like to think of themselves as heros when they are nothing more than cowards.

We should be so priviledged as to endure through the end-times.  If it comes to pass and we live through it, we will be present at the climax of time, we will stand at the dawn of a new world, and watch the earth itself being resurrected from death.

The end times are nothing to fear, they are a blessing not a curse.  And I for one pray daily that I will be present through the remainder of it.

Rev. Steven Morrey D.D.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version