CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

News Main Menu 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Sunday, September 27, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News, Current Events & Politics
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : News, Current Events & Politics
Message Icon Topic: Political Reform in Belize Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Online Status: Offline

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Topic: Political Reform in Belize
    Posted: 26 June 2004 at 12:36pm

I personally Belive it is time for Someone to stand up and take this country from the hands of these power hungry, money taking and politically illiterate people who try to govern our country. People who make promises they know they can't or do not intend to keep.  Look at where Belize stands today, a broke country  with bills up to the rim of the bucket.  A country that takes commands from another country and does nothing to stand up for itself.  A country run by a party who is out to make a buck off our suffering (the Dam nobody wants but government made a law for it to be built no matter what.

We need a revolution, What do you think...

IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2004 at 1:29pm

Guys, I have met with the person that I think can help me make a difference in Belize. We are starting up another political party that will be based on the neccessities of our society and the citizens of Belize.  We are curretly working on a websit that will povide the Belizean people with a positive look into the system and how it works.

I will have the link up in about the next three days and will post it her.

Your sugestions into the creation of the party will be greatly appreciated. 

I want to get a bit of influence from other people's ways and experiences in their society.

Thanks to all who help and post their opiions. It doen't matter what your opinion is.

IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

pirate-flag-small.gif, 0 kB

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2004 at 5:22pm

That's the biggest problem with Latin America, and third world countries in general.  They have corrupt and greedy leadership that doesn't care about the people.  The resources are there for prosperity for all, but instead those resources go untapped and wealth & power is held onto by the few at the top.

The problem comes in how to rectify that.  You see how successful armed revolution has been.  All that does is kill a lot of people and drag on for decades.  And often the leaders who are most pro-revolution are more interested in becoming the few at the top, rather than giving it to the people.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I think it has more to do with changing the attitudes of the people.  When most of the people demand change, change will occur, just like Germany when the Berlin Wall fell, and in the former Soviet Union when it collapsed.  When ALL the people are out in the streets, there is noone left to enforce the oppressive laws.  People were fed up with it as a whole, the whole society, not just a faction or two.  If only a faction wants change, then that faction can easily be supressed or it breaks away and the fighting begins.

The only way to reform the world, is by transforming the heart.  When everyone wants something better, something better will emerge.

"One person can make a difference, one person can change the world, but you must choose to do so. You must make the future or others will make it for you." -J. Michael Straczynski
IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2004 at 10:47am

I got the first stage of the website up, I am still working on it however.

http://embark.to/revolution

IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2004 at 11:36am

Looks good, but I don't like the name of your party.

If you look through history you will notice that most of the political parties that have and had "revolutionary" or "democratic" in their name turned out to be dictatorships and not democratic at all, or at the very least very corrupt, like Mexico's Intitutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) which held a monopoly over politics for nearly 50 years and is well known for its corruption.  And besides, one party rule isn't really democracy.  Just ask the Russians about their one party rule under the communists in the Soviet era.

By chosing a similar name, you are lumping yourself in with all the of dictatorships that have similar party names.  I'm not sure if you want that.

"One person can make a difference, one person can change the world, but you must choose to do so. You must make the future or others will make it for you." -J. Michael Straczynski
IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2004 at 7:43am
I dont think people care about the name. Personally I go by the beleifs and the output from the party. Your point is taken and respected however.  What would you suggest for the name?
IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2004 at 12:30pm

To add to the above. In Belize the oppressing party is the oe without democratic or revolution in it. We have two parties P.U.P (People's Uited Party) & U.D.P (United Democratic Party) The P.U.P. Are the ones causing all the negative things in Belize right now, don't get me wrong. They both are dong wrong when they get in office. But the truth is the truth and the P.U.P. party is worse.

I chose the name because our visions are revolutionary to the political scene in Belize. We are working with the people to form the party, getting their input as to how we should work for them, what their actual needs are; you know. We will not base our campaining on slandering and pointing the wrongs of the other parties, but rather point out what we will do for the community.

IP IP Logged
Duck Sauce
Administrator
Administrator

Quote Duck Sauce Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2004 at 1:02am

LOL!  Notice that the other two parties have "People's" and "Democratic" in them!  Just like I was saying before.  For some reason when a political party claims to be the "People's" party or a "Democratic" party, they usually mean only for some of the people, not all (namely: them), and they usually think that democracy is when they have their own way over everyone else's.

Sounds like a good idea, hopefully you will be able to make a change.  That is the biggest reason why Central and South America is so messed up.  The corruption, the lies, the greed and everyone wanting "their way or the highway."

It's good that you are using a different tactic that is more positive.  I am sure it will be a refreshing change.  But I would still ditch the "revolutionary" and "peoples" from the party name.  If you truely want to be revolutionary, come up with a name that isn't a copy of everyone else.  Especially since most of the political parties that use "peoples," "democratic" or "revolutionary" are not for the people, not democratic and if they are revolutionary, it is in a negative way.

I'm not sure what I'd call it though.  Reform Party, Progressive Party, Progressive Community Party...  Just throwing out some ideas for you.

IP IP Logged
belizean039
Landlubber
Landlubber

Quote belizean039 Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2005 at 6:17pm

Hey creole buay, i guess we have met on other bzn sites! Personally, I do not think that the best solution is to form a new political party. History will show that third parties have not worked at least in most caribbean where they tried it . I suppose that major political reform is necessary especially in a growing country like Belize. One of these could be major political education of the masses, as we all know that on election day it is striclty 'pork and barrel' time, money talks and bull@#$% walks, sad to say. People need to become more issues oriented instead of just voting for the highest bidder, because at the end of the day, they are the ones who are stuck with the winner for another 5 years, ala Said Musa/Ralph Fonseca and their gang of merrymen!

Third parties normally disrupt the present system instead of improving the overall situation. Also, most third parties are usually a bunch of misfits and rejects of a certain party.  try starting with changes from within what we presently have, an injection of new, young blood might be best! 

IP IP Logged
creol_buay
Mate
Mate

Belize.gif, 0 kB

Quote creol_buay Replybullet Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 1:55am
We sort o scrapped the idea of politics, more important things to do. We are currently working on the education thing. It was the route we took after many months on the drawing board and suggestions from people like yourselves. It will be easier to try and educate the populace and then when the time is right, take the reins and lead our country into a prosperous future where we can truly say that we did our jobs the right way and can continue that way.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version