CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Recipes Main Menu 

Related Forums 
 Caribbean Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 International Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 Recipe Comments 
 Other Forums 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Saturday, March 28, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Caribbean Cooking
 CaribbeanChoice : Food, Cooking & Dining : Caribbean Cooking
Message Icon Topic: Searching for Pineapple Tart Recipes. Post Reply Post New Topic
Marina Tham
Landlubber
Landlubber

Online Status: Offline

Malaysia.gif, 0 kB

Marina Tham’s Recipes

Quote Marina Tham Replybullet Topic: Searching for Pineapple Tart Recipes.
    Posted: 30 Nov 2003 at 11:56am

Hi there! I am from Malaysia and I wish to look up recipes of Pineapple Tarts (those with pastries that melts in your mouth). If there's someone out there that might need homecook recipes for curry chicken / thai tom yam / chinese food, I may be able to assist.

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 2:57pm

Here, I found a recipe for Pineapple Tart.  Enjoy!

WARM PINEAPPLE TART WITH PINEAPPLE-COCONUT SAUCE

Tart:
1 pound frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 egg yolk
1 large pineapple, peeled, quartered, cored and cut into 11/2-inch-long, 1/4-inch-thick wedges
4 tablespoon sugar
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish

Sauce:
1/3 cup sugar
5 egg yolks
3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
3/4 cup pureed pineapple
2 tablespoons dark rum

Make sauce: In a bowl whisk sugar and yolks to blend. Add coconut milk and pineapple puree and continue to whisk. Pour into a heavy saucepan and heat, stirring constantly for about 6 minutes, until custard thickens and coats back of a spoon.  Make sure you don't bring it to a boil. Strain custard through a sieve into a bowl and stir in Jamaican rum. Cool, cover and refrigerate, overnight, if desired.

Make tart: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Roll out puff pastry dough, cut out 5 6-inch rounds and transfer to baking sheets. Using a fork, prick dough all over. In a small bowl whisk confectioners' sugar and egg yolk to blend and brush over dough rounds. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool.

Preheat broiler. Heat a heavy, large non-stick skillet over high heat, add pineapple and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Arrange pineapple wedges on each pastry round, covering them completely. Sprinkle each tart with 1 tablespoon sugar. Watching carefully, broil until edges of pineapple begin to brown, for about 5 minutes. To serve, transfer tarts to large plates, spoon sauce around and garnish with mint sprigs.

Yield: 5 servings

Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
Marina Tham
Landlubber
Landlubber

Malaysia.gif, 0 kB

Marina Tham’s Recipes

Quote Marina Tham Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2003 at 12:05pm

Dear Scott M. Stolz,

Thanks for your pineapple tart recipe. Looks delicious but is it the melting moment pastry type? It doesn't look like it is but I will still try it out, maybe its something different that I might like.

Thanks!

From Marina 

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2003 at 1:18pm

I'm not sure.

I'm not much of a cook myself, but I try to answer any requests I get from our collection of recipes.  I'm hoping to find some people who are passionate about Caribbean cooking to help me answer requests for recipes and give tips on cooking. 

Quite frankly, I mostly just eat the stuff!

But tell me if you like it and tell me if it was what you were looking for.  If not, maybe we can find what you are looking for.

Scott M. Stolz
IP IP Logged
Marina Tham
Landlubber
Landlubber

Malaysia.gif, 0 kB

Marina Tham’s Recipes

Quote Marina Tham Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2003 at 8:51am

Thanks for being helpful. I'll try the recipe after Christmas coz I have friends coming to spend the weekends with me.

Where are you from Scott? Is Christmas going to be interesting this year?

If you want recipes on Chinese Food/Indian Food/Thai Food/Asian Cooking, I have a few here that I'm happy to share.

Well, regarding the recipe for pineapple tart, I had also quite a few here but it wasn't what I'm looking for. Anyway, if there's anyone out there that has a pineapple tart recipe with "melting moment" type of pastry, please let me know. I'm dying to bake those. My family love it, esp. my husband and my "Beagle".

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2003 at 10:48am

Well, I do what I can.

I've lived all over the United States, and have settled in Texas.  I'm one of the few people on this project not actually born in the Caribbean.  Joseph, the main powerhouse behind CaribbeanChoice.com, is originally from the Caribbean, as are many many of our contributors.  And a majority of the shares of CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. are owned by people from the Caribbean.

LOL.  I'm kinda the exception around here, not being born in the Caribbean.  But we have a great team, and they don 't seem to mind that I wasn't born there.

For Christmas, I am going to see my family.  My mother and step-father are coming down to Texas for an early Chistmas with my step-father's family, so we had an early Chistmas on Saturday which was nice.  And then I flew to Florida to spend Christmas with my dad.  In fact I'm there now.

What about you?  Are you doing anything interesting for Christmas?

Scott M. Stolz
IP IP Logged
fun001

India.gif, 0 kB

fun001’s Recipes

Quote fun001 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2004 at 3:16am

hi there,

i am from Malaysia too.  i had made this but not from  this recipe. But this seems to be the right one.

Just bear in mind to rub the "cold" butter into flour and keep in freight for at least 20mins before filling the pineapple jam. You can add some dark rum in the pineapple jam too.

After filling the jam in the pastry make a shape like pineapple and decorate the top with a clove with the stem insert in the pastry brush with egg york and bake it . Serve it with tea. Enjoy .

Ingredients
Pastry:

• 150g flour
  • l/4tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp corn flour
  • 100g butter or margarine
  • 1 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
  • 1 egg yolk

Jam:
  • 250g grated pineapple
  • 150g sugar
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice

Method
    Sieve flour, corn flour, salt and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Rub in margarine or butter and add egg yolk to form a dough.

Roll pastry into 0.5cm thickness and stamp out with a cutter. Press about 0.25cm deep in the centre. Add one teaspoon of filling. If you like, you can decorate the tart with two strips of pastry placed to make a cross on the top.

Bake in a preheated oven at 180șC for 10 to 15 minutes or till lightly brown.

Making the jam: Bring to a boil grated pineapple, sugar and lemon juice. Let it simmer for 30 minutes or until it thickens. Sieve in half a teaspoon of cornflour.

• IP IP Logged
    Post Reply Post New Topic
    Printable version Printable version