CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Technology
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Technology
Message Icon Topic: Hare drive theft or? Post Reply Post New Topic
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Topic: Hare drive theft or?
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 7:15am
Hello my friends,

Happy New Year to all.

I have grande problemas.

I took my computer (tower) to two guys to check what the problem was why my monitor was not responding when I turned it on. They lost or stole all my files. They can't return the hard drive or the tower to me. They are telling all sorts of lies. They say there was nothing on the hard drive. Next they showed a bogus empty hard drive and said that it belonged to me. It's a long story and I do not have much time on this computer. I'll get a new computer soon. All my books, plays, screenplays, children's stories, poems, personal information, all gone down the drain. I know that they didn't delete in error. When they saw all my work on the hard drive, they saw a gold mine. Everyone is telling me that they sold my work.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 8:50am
So where are my friends vutje, rogerka, Citizen Eve and the rest of the gang? No sympathy for me here? I don't even have the serial number to identify my hard drive. The guys won't return the tower. Only now people are telling me that I should not have tursted those Nigerians. My computer is a 2005 Compaq Presario. I think the hard drive is 60 gigabytes. The hard drive they showed is 80 gigabytes, plus it looked brand new, just off the shelf. I have to expose those guys as the liars they are. They've stolen all my years of hard work, and now they are telling bare-faced lies.   
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
scrolljoe
Boatswain
Boatswain

Guyana.gif, 1 kB

Quote scrolljoe Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:36pm
Poor child ! your friends have all flown away from the Philistines that invaded CC. Sorry to hear of your dilemma; we all fall victims and never heed the old advice : Always Backup you files to some other medium.

Without their stealing the stuff you can easily lose your data - the PC being very, very unpredictable. Listen up! cut your loses , forget the episode , keep your BP down and get a new computer.

There are Flash drives now up to one Terra byte and external hard Drive of 1 Terra byte for $100.00 US. Peace !
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 2:25pm
I hear you scrolljoe. I can't cut my loses. Those guys are lying and that's what's getting to me. I'm taking them to court. They stole my work, period. Back up or not, it's not right.

I guess my friends are tired of talking to themselves, huh.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 7:57am
Well, it's moi, again.

I'm in court with the guy re my computer. I know that people tell lies, but I've never experienced it upclose and personal until now. That piece of dog doo doo stood up in court and told some tall tales. He told the judge that a co-worker of mine came to his place of business and told him that the computer I brought to his store is an old one I found on the job that got wet in the rain.   You ever hear such rot? The case is under advisement. I'll know the verdict when the judge calls us back to court.

Anyway, I'll check back again soon. I'll get me a new computer soon.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version