CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Suggestions, Comments, Feedback & Help
 CaribbeanChoice : CaribbeanChoice Forum Network : Suggestions, Comments, Feedback & Help
Message Icon Topic: Access to the Forum for Children under 13 Post Reply Post New Topic
Poll Question #19: Should children under 13 be ab
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [40.00%]
1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Online Status: Offline

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Topic: Access to the Forum for Children under 13
    Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 9:54pm

I wanted to get your feedback on something.

As some of you may already know, the United States Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13.

Currently, we do not allow anyone under 13 to register for our website and forums.  If there is an interest or a need, we could allow children under 13 to register if we have a faxed or mailed signed permission form from their parents.

I wanted to know what your views are on it.  If there is enough people who want something like that, we will implement it.

The choices are basically as follows:

1. Allow children under 13 to register, but require a signed permission form from their parents.
  2. Keep it the way it is.  No children under age 13 are allowed to register for the forums.

If we decide to given them access, we can either:

1. Allow them to use the forum and website as long as they follow the rules and policies.  All areas of the website are rated G so there shouldn't be a problem with them seeing something they shouldn't.  They would have to follow the rules like any other member and would face the same consequences.
  2. Restrict their access to certain areas reserved for kids.  This would prevent them for posting in the "normal" forums.  This option won't work unless there are already a bunch of kids registered (which there won't be in the beginning).

I personally favor the first option because any misbehavior will be dealt with by the rules, enforced by the administrators, moderators and the community.

Let me know what you think.

Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:40am
I don't think children under 13 will be interested in this site. It's too tame for them. They want hot, spicy topics, i.e. sex related.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 7:40pm
Ditto to Sandra's comment.
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 4:14am
Dem children born with all the curves. No flat chests like in my time. They're well developed that's why some men get charged with...having relations with a minor. I see some 14 and 15 year old girls who look like 21 and up.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:02pm
What we feed the plants and animals are also what we feed ourselves ... so should not surprise us ... humans as we know it is no more and probably on its way out as a specie too ... Wink
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 8:38pm
Yes, all the chemicals in the chicken and beef is swelling up those children, giving them water melon titees and box spring mattress rear ends. sigh...I guess I was born when all the meats and veggies were not chemically treated...
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:10am
 ... LOLLOL ... am certainly not envious ... Big%20smile ... am not an extreme girl ... Wink ... like the idea of balance ... LOLLOL ... and comfort and managable ... now all the crap is being pushed on the developing countries and they do not seem to care ... 
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 12:34am
Well the television is not helping any...most women want bigger everything...they see those music videos with those well-stacked young women and envy is coming out of their ears... anyway, the plastic surgeons call help fill the bill...I mean fill the flat places...

I remember when children used to have their hair plaited with pretty cloth ribbons at the end of the plait...now it's big woman hair style they have, and they're wearing some ridiculous outfits, big loop earings, lipstick...
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version