7 Top Scuba Diving Spots
By Chuck Clayton
Scuba diving is a wonderful sport for vacations. You visit a strange world filled with beautiful fish, sunken ships and magnificent landscapes. I have dove in many incredible places
Here are some of the top diving spots in the world.
1. The Galapagos Islands - The sea currents bring nutrients to the waters. This provides a rich environment for amazing sea life. There are Hammer Head sharks, parrotfish, moray eels, white tip reef sharks and a primate ocean floor. This is one of my favorite dive spots on the planet!
2. Bahamas - The scuba diving is excellent. The waters are clear; and there is abundant fish, plant life and wrecks to see. You can see lush coral, sharks, sea turtles, and more.
3. Bonaire - Here you will find some of the best shore diving in the world. Thousands of divers visit per year because of its beautiful marine park that has sunken ships, reefs to delight and a wide array of exotic sea life.
4. The Great Barrier Reef - The reef supports a wide diversity of fish and other animals. This is a trip well worth considering if you are a diver. There are large parrot fish, turtles, clown fish and more. Much of the reef is protected by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
5. Grand Cayman - Grand Cayman is internationally known for its world class dive sites. The waters are crystal clear, the dive sites are legendary and the undersea life is amazing. It is suited for divers of all levels.
6. Grand Turk Island - Grand Turk Island is constantly rated as some of the best diving in the world. The continental shelf plunges 7,000 feet just a few hundred yards from shore. Coral reefs and crystal clear water make diving conditions great.
7. Isla Roatan - It is a top diving spot surrounded by turquoise warm waters. The sea life is incredible and this is a favorite dive spot for many divers. Roatan is a small island at only 33 miles long and 4 miles wide. It is located about 30 miles off the cost of Honduras in the Caribbean.
For more information see: http://www.inexpensive-vacation-ideas.com/People-Scuba-Diving.html
"See the world before you leave it!"
These wise words were spoken to me by Dr. G. who is a teacher, mentor and friend. Dr G's father said these words to him and he said it to me. I took these words to heart.
I got the travel bug some years back and have had many incredible experiences to fun and sometimes exotic places. To date I have traveled to six of the seven continents (Antarctica is illusive)and thirty plus countries on vacations.
More Articles by Chuck Clayton
More Articles about Cayman Islands
More Travel Articles
Views expressed in the article are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of CaribbeanChoice, its staff or members.