What is happening in Bahamas:
The Bahamas location in the northern Caribbean makes it an ideal year-round destination. The best time to come is the warm, breezy summer, when the water is so warm you can linger in it for hours.
- New Year's Day - January 1 - Public Holiday
- Easter Holidays - Good Friday Easter Sunday Easter Monday (Easter Holidays are either in late March or early April)
- Easter Monday - Public Holiday
- Whit Monday - Public Holiday (7 weeks after Easter Monday)
- Caribbean Muzik Fest
The Caribbean Muzik Fest is a week-long jam which occurs either i8n late May or early June with reggae, soca, junkanoo and dance hall music which features the best of the Caribbean's musical talent.
- Labour Day - First Friday in June - Public Holiday
- Independence Day - July 10 - Public Holiday
- Emancipation Day - First Monday in August - Public Holiday
- Discovery Day - October 12 - Public Holiday
- Christmas Day - December 25 - Public Holiday
- Boxing Day - December 26 - Public Holiday
- Junkanoo - December 26 - January 1
Junkanoo is the nation's most famous and celebrated festival that is celebrated between Christmas and the New Year. This culture is derived from the former black slaves who brought it from West Africa. IT is celebrated with people dancing on the streets to the sounds of cowbells, whistles and goatskin Gombey drums. The actual event begins on the morning of Boxing Day.